Sign in to follow this  
corozin

VR6 erotica

Grant Motorsport VR6 throttle bodies on Vento racing car last weekend at Castle Combe. Thought it was worth posting the photo as they are just so rare and so lovely. Sounded pretty good out on the track too.

Do... want....

theres a chap on here with an r32 and thottle bodies - only seen them on youtube - never in the flesh on a VR - looks lovely though!

Who other than grant motorsport can do TB conversions on VR's? What are the gains like???

Grant Motorsport VR6 throttle bodies on Vento racing car last weekend at Castle Combe. Thought it was worth posting the photo as they are just so rare and so lovely. Sounded pretty good out on the track too.

Do... want....

:notworthy:

Jon, you don't "want" you "NEEEEEEED"! :lol:

looks like you'd have massive space issues at the front of a corrado VR, they've chopped enough of that golfs slam panel let alone the smaller area available on the corrado!

looks like you'd have massive space issues at the front of a corrado VR, they've chopped enough of that golfs slam panel let alone the smaller area available on the corrado!

Wuss, hang em out the grille! :clap:

Thus enabling you to remove the local area's small child/dog/cat population! :grin:

Who other than grant motorsport can do TB conversions on VR's? What are the gains like???

Well I'm sure there's a lot more to the lump than just the TB conversion but the driver indicated it had rollered at around 215bhp at the wheels, which translates roughly to perhaps 260-265 at the engine. The car was a Vento and if you look a big lump has been cut away from the slam panel to get the clearance for the filter, and the radiator had been relocated below to get clearance but it must have been a 'short' motorsport rad of some kind. It also have a rather lovely custom equal length exhaust header but I didn't bother to photograph it (maybe I will next time I see it up there)

I was told a lot of work had been done to get the inlet lengths right. I didn't measure it up but on 'reckoning' alone I'd say there is more clearance from the front of the engine to the slam in the Vento plus the bonnet angle would make putting this on a Corrado tighter in the vertical plane as well. Personally I think he should dump the filter and fit secondary injectors on the outside of the trumpets like the Touring cars do to get a few more horsepower.

It was certainly going like stink although in a field including some 600bhp Evos it was never going to win. The driver admitted it had 'quite a few bob' in the engine and it seemed rude to actually probe for a figure. Hats off to Grant Motorsport for a lovely bit of work.

And no I havn't phoned him...

@RedTyphoon Thanks for the clip link - that's the very same car. Lovely clip.

John

That sounds like a bag of spanners!!! I think I've seen enough of Grant Motorsports "expertise" on a certain red R32 Vento to realise NOT to get any work done there!!!

It probably idles (and subsequently sounds) rough because of having race cams to move the power band around a bit?

It probably idles (and subsequently sounds) rough because of having race cams to move the power band around a bit?

I think you're right about that Jim. My car sounded very similar to that when I ran 284 cams & solid lifters last year. The rough idle will be largely down to it having a tiny flywheel & being cold started.