Sign in to follow this  
Stryker

Blower Stopped working!!

Hey guys,

Above really, my blower only used to work on number 4 like alot of others but today went to turn it on and nothing, changed the fuse but still no joy,

any ideas? 1.8 16v

changed the thermal fuse but still no joy. thinking its some kinda switch problem

Well thanks corrado furum another top tip. Changed the fuse and hey presto. But I will give a tip, be careful not to get the fuse to hot (or it will blow) and check it with a voltage meter if you can before putting it back. Luckily I brought 2 fuses :wink:

changed the thermal fuse but still no joy. thinking its some kinda switch problem

Kempy when I did the fuse the first one didn't work. There was a bad connection so I changed the fuse a second time and it worked, so may be worth having another go mate.

im gonna try a blower from my other rado to see aswell..

swapped blower motors and still no joy..~I think the 4speed switch is broke, I remember making it go through 360degrees which im sure whats knackered it..Ive tried removing the controls but cant get it out from the centre console, how do you do that? cant see a guide anywhere :(

Just changed the fuse unit connected to the blower but still not working, will changin the blower itself work perhaps?

possibly, I just changed mine recently. you might want to check the speed switch contacts are contacting :salute:

I have had this issue before on my VR. I fixed it a few years back but up untill resently only been back on number 4 and that stopped the other day.

Its the connector in the switch itself not making contact. Remove the knobs from the controls and then remove the suround. On the actual heater control there is a metal contact that is in the center of the switch that rotates as you turn it. If you turn the heater to off position you can remove this its just held in with a raised secion so push this down and you can get it out. Its just bend out of shape and does not make a contact to the metal bit that surounds the swith. Just needs bending slightly so it makes a better contact. Took me all of 5 mins when I got home from work. Its somthing I should have done for ages but never got round to it untill now when I need it. Mine is still not right as number 1 don't work still but 2 3 4 all work fine so that will do me untill it warms up again.

Hope this is of some help. I have tried to describe it best I can but it prob makes no sences to anyone but me :lol:

Well thanks corrado furum another top tip. Changed the fuse and hey presto. But I will give a tip, be careful not to get the fuse to hot (or it will blow) and check it with a voltage meter if you can before putting it back. Luckily I brought 2 fuses :wink:

Same happened to me, got the thermal fuse too hot and it went open circuit. Best advice is to scrape the old areas you are soldering onto with a sharp knife to get rid of the years of corrosion and oxidization. Tin them well and tin the thermal fuse. The two parts can then be soldered together with minimum heat. Just to be sure check after with a meter for continuity.

swapped blower motors and still no joy..~I think the 4speed switch is broke, I remember making it go through 360degrees which im sure whats knackered it..Ive tried removing the controls but cant get it out from the centre console, how do you do that? cant see a guide anywhere :(

unknowingly i did the same while messing / fixing another problem. if you take the dial past its postion 4 there is a little copper connecting terminal that will pop out of place. luckerly this was spotted before i pulled all the hair out :)

this caused the blower not to work on any position