Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

Dirtytorque's FREE Money pit G60

Ahh this car looks like it is turning into a complete nightmare for you.....if you like, I could do you a favor and take it off your hands (for a [strike:33t2o00c]small[/strike:33t2o00c] hefty collection fee my way obviously) :tongue:

Kindness and consideration.

I'm touched. :wink:

Not sure its turning into a money pit Rob, just a time pit.

Handbrake is easy, strip rear calipers, grind off the corrosion from pads and carriers, bit of copper slip and away you go.

As for the current drain, check the battery volts unloaded (battery disconnected) then connect the battery and measure again. Start pulling a fuse at a time until you get the unloaded figure, that should at least tie down which system is causing the problem and enable you to pull that fuse to stop the battery drain when you park up.

Not sure its turning into a money pit Rob, just a time pit.

Handbrake is easy, strip rear calipers, grind off the corrosion from pads and carriers, bit of copper slip and away you go.

As for the current drain, check the battery volts unloaded (battery disconnected) then connect the battery and measure again. Start pulling a fuse at a time until you get the unloaded figure, that should at least tie down which system is causing the problem and enable you to pull that fuse to stop the battery drain when you park up.

Thanks for the tip Yan.

Your right on the money with the time thing.All my free time goes on working on the 16vg60.Plus I have an issue at home with space.I can't have the blue one at home at the moment because i have works car there,the 16vg60 and my gf's car.

Sooo I am having to rely on the garage.I ask them about taking the calipers off etc but they made some negative noises.

I'm going to go and spk to them again.

I wish I had waited until the 16vg60 was al finished b4 getting this up and running now,but I started so i'll finish.

Ok,just spoke to the garage again.

The problem was that the pistons wouldn't retract far enough to take new pads.

They have put the old pads back on for now,which have plenty of meat on them anyway.They are sending back the £100 worth of calipers that they ordered yesterday.

I have new bearings at the rear on each side now and the car is now parked up outside my work ready to be abused on the way home. :)

So obviously the car needs some tlc which I will do but hopefully now it can be used as a summer daily for a while.

Lucky escape from a big bill!! Well done.

I still hate you though!!

Lucky escape from a big bill!! Well done.

I still hate you though!!

Well if it makes you feel any better the sun roof does in fact6 NOT work. :)

Pics after first commute.

:clap:

Like the reg number - is it a private plate? 8)

I don't think so,but people will think so because my name is Robert and my surname begins with J

We were meant to be together. :luvlove:

:pukeright:

:lol:

Ok Chris i'll put some pics up of under the bonnet so you will sleep better.It looks pretty scarey under there.

I don't think so,but people will think so because my name is Robert and my surname begins with J

Can't you change your name by Deedpoll to J-Bob Rom?

Can't you change your name by Deedpoll to J-Bob Rom?

Go on, do it, J-Bob :nuts:

Ok Chris i'll put some pics up of under the bonnet so you will sleep better.It looks pretty scarey under there.

NO, I wanna see body rust, dents, scrapes, lacquer peel, bodged repairs and doggy panel gaps!! etc!! I've been looking for Inca panels for 2 years!!!!!!! :mad2: :censored: :p :bad-words: :lol:

/\/\//\

lol it's not perfect at all tbh.I think it has aged well though.Anyway your car is in good nick.I don't remember seeing anything on it that i thought was bad...

regards

kind regards

J-808