Sign in to follow this  
t.branford

STORM PRIVATE PLATE AND JETEX

My son paid £750 from the DVLA about 4 years ago

Sold April 2005 for £550+auction and transfer fees, I know because I was bidding, stopped at £500 :bad-words:

E57ORM was transfered to the car on 10/06/2005. I need to get out more. :dorky:

Are there loads of these number plates out there then- one for every letter of the alphabet?

I want A57ORM :wink: , ah no I already have one - phew!

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments which have been listed, sadley I am commited to the deal now so no turning back and thats why I will be selling a few bits off the car like the plate etc which wont effect the deal.

You are right It isnt a storm although I never said it was. Anyway thanks again.

Trev

You are right It isnt a storm although I never said it was. Anyway thanks again.

Trev

We know you didn't matey. Please don't think I was trying to catch you out or anything. It's just that people were speculating so thought I'd abuse my "powers" to find out. :lol:

It is a great shame that you are scrapping it but I guess it's the reality of the situation we are in. Everyone is finding it hard going and when someone dangles a relatively easy 2k in front of you some might argue you'd be silly not to take it.

What are you trading it in for if you don't mind me asking?

If it's anything French, he is OUTTA here :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

**MOD EDIT - Im sure I don't need to explain why! :eek: **

**MOD EDIT - Im sure I don't need to explain why! **

What was it???!!!!

Damn mods and their damn mod editing! :lol:

lets just say if you don't eat pork,don't have a shower round at Kip's house :lol:

What was it???!!!!

lets just say if you don't eat pork,don't have a shower round at Kip's house :lol:

I'll bare that in mind.... :lol:

Yeah it was a bit! Appologies to that! but i do know quite a lot about that chapter of history. :|

What was it???!!!!

Thought he'd got rid of the Abbatior/shower combo now? :shrug:

I still don't get this, if a car is worth anything over a grand you're better off selling it privately, all the dealerships seem to be offering discounts regardless of whether you chop in a car or not :brickwall:

'and another thing', how can you say it's something people are doing because of the hard times they find themselves in, they're buying a new car FFS! I've never bought a new car in my life!

apart from anything else, you loose more than a grand as soon as you drive off the forecourt and then probably another 2 or 3 in the first year

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :censored:

TBH Dave in these "Troubled" times think you'll find the dealers chopping large amounts off the cost of new cars (esp if they can secure finance on it too, then its a dealer double win)...

So for a K-plate VR the chop-in will probably be something like 3k.. esp if it's against a *shudder* Citroen!

Sure Sonic will be along with all the trade secrets we need to know soon! :norty:

Oi oi! :D

What you are saying is certainly true for some cars and manufacturers but not in all cases. The manufacturer I work for is giving way more discount on the scrappage than it ever was before the scrappage came in. The best deals are defo on the scrappage with us at the moment. For instance we do a car that only came out January this year. There were and still are no dealer or manufacturer offers on this car and you'd be lucky to get a free set of mats with it to be honest. However, come in and see me today with a scrap car and I'll give you £3,350 for it against the top of the range model which is normally £11,845 on the road. Even on the bottom of the range we are giving £2,400 for a scrap car and that's £8,645. And can I just emphasize that if you come with a p/x that wouldn't qualify for the scrappage you'd get book price for it and that's about it. No further discount.