Sign in to follow this  
Stevie B

K+N air filter in a G60?

Is it ok to put a k+n panel filter in my g60? I've heard some filters are not suitable for the g60, so i just wanted to check and see if anyone else has put a k+n in there's. Cheers.

K&N are the ones to go for IMHO... They're a cotton based filter, so there are other similar ones available too. The ones to avoid af the foam ones and the metal mesh ones... These don't filter well enough for the close tollerances in the G60 unit and so some larger particles can get through causing wear in your charger. :shock:

They don't make a large difference over the stock paper ones, but you've got the advantage that you know you won't have to mess with it for over 18months! :)

Henny- Just wondering what ht leads you have in yours as i'm gonna be replacing mine soon. I was thinking of putting in some magnecor ones.

Henny- Just wondering what ht leads you have in yours as i'm gonna be replacing mine soon. I was thinking of putting in some magnecor ones.

Standard VAG at the moment... I may upgrade at one of the shows in the summer, but they're reasonably new ones so I don't see the point at the moment... 8)

I have heard good things about the magnacor ones though... 8)

Standard VAG at the moment... I may upgrade at one of the shows in the summer, but they're reasonably new ones so I don't see the point at the moment... 8)

I have heard good things about the magnacor ones though... 8)

Cheers. Think i will go for the magnecor ones.

when you say oe leads...is that the quantum one the dealer sells...or can you get vag branded ones??

yeah quantium ones ..

hello there imho i would just invest in a set of new oe leads they are VERY good ..

Cheers g-man, think i will just get some oe one's then.

see this http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... t=ht+leads

hello there imho i would just invest in a set of new oe leads they are VERY good ..

Ah Darren I just bought new magnecours :cry:

The fitting is not as snug as the standard ones IMO but they do look good I got the 8.5's but as my car is standard I dont expect to notice any difference

Extra 50 quid on my car insurance for the filter so I may just take it out and put the paper one back in ;)

I just can't see how they can justify adding £50 on your car insurance just for a panel filter! Thats more than the filter cost! Not fair is it! I like the look of the magnecor leads as well. :D