Sign in to follow this  
chuck

Vibratechnics

I just bought and fitted a VT front engine mount, and I have to say that I am very disappointed with it. :( There is only a very (very) small reduction in engine movement under acceleration and lifting off, and idle is terrible. Not harsh at idle, but bouncy. :o:o

The solid rubber GSF mount I took off was superior, especially when you consider the £150 price tag on the VT one by comparison to the £20 GSF one!!! :x

The others have been recently replaced. Main rear one a few weeks ago, and the rear Gearbox one a few months go. The front GSF one was less than a year old, and is still intact, so I really don't think the others are gone.

Its really annoying, I thought this was going to be one of the best mods. Did an engine mount upgrade on the old rocco for £40 and it was excellent. No bouncing on acceleration or deceleration.

Just done the biting point test, and the VT mount gives by about half an inch. Is this normal??

Definately not the other mounts that are knackered. Replaced the old GSF solid rubber mount this morning (in 15mins!!), and its so much better. Still too much movement in my opinion, but just better than the VT front mount, and it sits nice and steady at idle too.

Think I'll be returning it. Real pity - I thought this was going to be the dogs danglies...

The first run of MK2 based VT mounts are cr@p. I broke one within 3 months. I would ring VT first before sending it back, explain your dissatisfaction and get them to send you a new one. They have recently improved them, so maybe you got an early one?

MK3 based VT mounts (Golf and C VR6) are excellent. Top quality stuff.

Both mount designs feature replaceable bushes.

K

I've had a vt front mount on my g60 for 3 years now much better than the VW number that was there before it.

I have now received a new VT mount after returning the one described in the first post. This one is good. :D

Idle is smooth, and there is a noticeable reduction in engine movement, expecially at low speeds - much more comfortable to drive. And it lives up to VT's claim that there is no increase in vibration!

Credit must be given to VT for accepting and sorting out the problem so quickly and hassle free, and they assure me that they have never had this problem before.

Much happier now, tho it would be even better with an uprated gearbox mount............. :roll:

I have now received a new VT mount after returning the one described in the first post. This one is good. :D

Idle is smooth, and there is a noticeable reduction in engine movement, expecially at low speeds - much more comfortable to drive. And it lives up to VT's claim that there is no increase in vibration!

Credit must be given to VT for accepting and sorting out the problem so quickly and hassle free, and they assure me that they have never had this problem before.

Much happier now, tho it would be even better with an uprated gearbox mount............. :roll:

You should feel a VW running all 3 VT mounts :lol:

Expensive...but worth it.

K