junkie

Recommended Couriers

Good idea and stickied!

Maybe you would like to add and update your first post as this thread progresses to help people find suitable companies with out having to trawl through the thread?

Failing that I'm sure myself and the other mods will keep an eye on it and keep it updated too 8)

I have just used palletways (www.palletways.com) to post an engine with a huge box of wiring, cost me £46 all in. service was spot on, no messing about either! rang up in the morning, they picked it up in the afternoon

i run a shipping company in heathrow and would be happy to help with any shipping you may have

give me a shout send me a pm and i will happily get you a price and we are better priced than interparcel and the suchlike

kel

Guys try your local Staples store...

Sent a bumper via their DHL instore service for £10!!!

I use parcels4delivery,cheaper than parcels 2 go & interparcel.

(If you apply for an account for cheaper sending,if your sending 4 or more think the cost is £5.75+vat by dhl)

Interparcel good for gearboxes (drained of course)

Think Ive got the size & weight correct for £12 by ups budget(using interparcel)

For vr6 & 1.8t gearboxes the sizes & weights are: H=36cm,W=40cm,L=45cm 37kg

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/

I always use this company and have no complaints always pickup and deliver when they say they will.

Relatively chaep too. :)

Another vote for these guys - no problems delivering a set of alloys from Glasgow to the door, even when the collection address changed at the last minute :)

Stone

I used Paisley Freight to carry an exhaust... they used CityLink as the 3rd party to courier the package.

The CityLink driver didn't come on the scheduled day of collection (apparently he couldn't find our house but didn't think to ring the contact number...) so we had to reschedule the collection for another day - which meant another day off work.

Then on the day of the rescheduled collection for some unknown reason they cancelled the collection before the driver went out. At this point we were prepared to go to the delivery office ourselves and drop it off, as the buyer needed the exhaust ASAP. However once we kicked up a fuss, City Link sorted themselves out and contacted the driver to make the pick-up.

To be fair to Paisley Freight, they responded quickly when I told them about the missed collection (e-mail as it was out of hours), and they put me in contact with CityLink directly to get it sorted when the rescheduled collection was cancelled.

Luckily there was no issue at all with the delivery.