Sign in to follow this  
junkie

FWD 6 speed O2M conversion

the dutchdub is related to the rear diff,but you will still need to modify the gearbox mount,either with welding the original O2M mount to chassis leg or get the bracket made to fit the O2M to origianl subframe but C2 do these off the shelf.

As James has said, I've been looking into this myself and the dutchdub bracket will fit any 02M box but requires the cup for the gearbox mount to be cut of and rewelded to the subframe about an inch lower.

Didn't realise C2 did a bracket as well. Definitely worth a look if it means keeping the original subframe position, although in the back of my mind I think you can have problems with the driveshaft clearances.

Me neither mate. Had a quick scan around though and driveshaft clearance might only be a problem on the 02M boxes with the haldex transfer boxes, but if you can find a FWD only one you should have a similar amount of clearance as the standard box.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, definitely something I'm interested in.

Well thats what i thought, the transfer box causing issues as i remember biggerbigben having to mod stuff, hence why i wondered if stuff needed to be changed still if using the FWD O2M.

Those dutchdub brackets are very expensive for what they are, my plan is to just get it all in position and just make something up myself. Strength is key I guess so I'll probably need a bit of help getting it right.

Where you going to steal an 02M from? Finding it hard to find one that'll work with my 24V

Well thats what i thought, the transfer box causing issues as i remember biggerbigben having to mod stuff, hence why i wondered if stuff needed to be changed still if using the FWD O2M.

As far as ive seen the subframe does not need to be modded,its only tight once there is a turbo,3" pipe and transfer box.

That looks nice, any ideas on price and how come you can find it on there.

Is it only the 6 cylinder stuff that needs the rear mount moving then. 20vt not so.

That looks nice, any ideas on price and how come you can find it on there.

Is it only the 6 cylinder stuff that needs the rear mount moving then. 20vt not so.

Thats the new UK site so prices are still to be added but i was told its around 100 quid. In the MK2 the VR sits to high and has clearance issues with bonnet but the corrado has lots of room so i dont think i would need to modd anything if you were going VR that is.

You still going track car ?

:lol: sure ,just thinking that 4wd would be a wasted on track,it would be more grip off the line but in nice flat corners a diff would work just as well? plus its allot less weight?

I know but its a road track car and IF i went Haldex it would help alot then.

This thread is about FWD O2M

you can get custom driveshafts anyway, plus stronger cv's. That said I was under the impression the o2m was heavy even in fwd form. Is it absolutely necessary? Which box does a 1.8T mate to naturally anyway?

you can get custom driveshafts anyway, plus stronger cv's. That said I was under the impression the o2m was heavy even in fwd form. Is it absolutely necessary? Which box does a 1.8T mate to naturally anyway?

Its the O2M among others,bot the O2A will do the job,but the O2M's are known to be strong but it gets put to the test with launching 4wd all the time.

I just want the 6 speeds, much much bettergearstick thingy and a forge short shift kit, on the TT that is mint as, so slick yet so precise and smooth, a real pleasure to change gear. Then a diff in it FWD so i can justify the extra weight without the 4wd, thats the way im leaning towards at the minute, but that still changes daily. Tomorrow we will have the O2M 4wd conversion. :D

So where can i find a 2wd O2M, which cars, assuming i might also get the engine as well whilst im there.

I just want the 6 speeds, much much bettergearstick thingy and a forge short shift kit, on the TT that is mint as, so slick yet so precise and smooth, a real pleasure to change gear. Then a diff in it FWD so i can justify the extra weight without the 4wd, thats the way im leaning towards at the minute, but that still changes daily. Tomorrow we will have the O2M 4wd conversion. :D

So where can i find a 2wd O2M, which cars, assuming i might also get the engine as well whilst im there.

If you want slicker gearchanges then just go for the tower and shifter box,ive been told this makes a huge differance,but i know what u mean my misses leon has silky smooth box :luvlove:

As for boxes any 6 speed fwd like a TT or golf anniversary.

dont know if you seen this bud... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2633108 still plenty of work.

It just makes sense to have 6 better spaced gears mated to the engine that its meant to be with and the added benefit of a better gearchange feel.

You got a short shift fitted to the leon?