chuck

Advice on Rolling Wheel Arches

I've just been to check up on my C which is in the bodyshop at the moment getting a full respray :D .

One of the points for attention is the rust on the rear wheel arches. They told me today that they had been rolled and that that had caused the rust to set in. So my advice is, if you have to roll the wheel arches, get it done professionally and fill the gap at the edgewith that rubbery underseal stuff!!!!

The gap acts as a mud trap otherwise.

Also, I'm going to get a set of 16" 205 width wheels. I'm now worried that the arches might need rolled for this. Is this true??? cuz doesn't the VR6 come with 205 wheels as standard. Surely they don't need rolled for them.

im running 205/45/16's and have tried 215/40/16's with standard arches and no problems. As long as the offsets (ET35 I think) ok you shouldnt have problems either.

Im on standard suspension.

Check the manual for the correct offset as it varied among Corrado models, for example the G60 rides on BBS 15" ET33 whilst the VR6 rides on 15" Speedlines or Solitudes, ET46. I think the 8 & 16Vs were different still, but not as deep as 46 though!

Kev

94 VR6

I run 17's on 205/40's and it's lowered 80 odd mm with an offset of et37 and dont get any arch problems ( unless I have 2 fat knackers in the back :D )

I run 17's on 205/40's and it's lowered 80 odd mm with an offset of et37 and dont get any arch problems ( unless I have 2 fat knackers in the back :D )

Most weekends then Ant? ;)

:D

Old thread! Any advice or precautions on getting this done? My concern is the double skin and the potential of rust rotting it all through after a few years.

Old thread! Any advice or precautions on getting this done? My concern is the double skin and the potential of rust rotting it all through after a few years.

to do it right you`d need to grind back the sealer inside then hammer/fold the metal and then seal back in but you`ll end up needing paint..