Sign in to follow this  
rookierod

my lucky escape

right here is the story , the car started leaking water from the rad so i put some rad weld in witch lasted about a week. yesterday i was driving down my local bypass when my c (choperz) decided the its rad had had enough and chucked out all its water. so pulled in, (was on the way to docs appointment for my boy) the docs was about 2 miles away so thought would let car cool down and fill with water that i had in the boot and see if could make it without overheating again.

but while waiting to cool down a guy in a mk2 golf gti pulled in to see what was up. after chatting for a while when car cooling down, the following happened. i managed to drive to docs, he followed me (wife took the boy in) and the guy let me jump into his car who then took me to a guy that lived nearbye who aprantly sold a few vw bits to see if he had a rad. luckly he did, they the guy dropped me back to the car whitch then i changed the rad over and carryed on my way! this guy was a saver as not only got me out the shit by giving me a lift but indrodued me into this guy who had the rad of.

he bits are cheap!! i mean cheap, wasnt a vw rad but still seems like good quatly for 37 inc vat brand new!!! he has loads of parts at his house! and he can get any part for corrados,golfs,scirrocos,etc and all cheap (for example both rear wheel bearings for 7 quid!!! can all get all body panels in 3 days and he lives 7 mile away from me so am well cuffed. so a big thanks to the guy in the red golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure if i aloud to say this but he has a webb site called ttp://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/ defo worth a look for your parts.

Wow - he does a coilover kit for £168! I wouldn't expect them to be anywhere near on a par with KW's, etc obviously but if you're really on a budget, that's pretty decent!

yeahs his mane is lesbray i think. he is by redruth in cornwall. it was prob my fault as car needed a wash, hadnt been cleaned for a week so think she just wanted some attention( been a mad week with the kids,work and still geting my stock car ready for sunday)

but i couldnt believe my luck when old boy in golf pulled in. and nice golf at that it was to

Yeah I've bought from him on eBay before too, always good service.

And fair dues to the guy in the MK2, good to know there's still decent people about.