odub

20vt in the making

i've owned this since january and being away with work etc, i haven't done a vast amount to it but have a list as long as my arm.Book1.pdfcorrado2.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfcorrado3.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]with ss jetex cat back because the old system fell apartETKA Corrado.pdfcorrado4.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfcorrado5.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]Corrado92.pdfcorrado7.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorrado8.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]pretty much as soon as i got it i put one of kur2y's headlight looms in to see at night. big improvement.

before:climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdforiginal lights.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]

after:2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfuprated light loom.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]

i've just fitted a kr inlet cam to it for a bit more gocams.jpg[/attachment:1vfkvf7d]

Now need it on the rollers and set-up properly also a decent set of wheels and a bit of a drop. Tell me what you think

Edited by odub
Title change

Hello matey, how you doing? Good to see the Rado up on here. This is a pretty clean car. 8) You going to the rolling road day in Ipswich?

cheers joe. i didn't know there was a rolling road day on. i had it on the rollers before i did the camshaft so need to do it again. only trouble is i've just gone to tax the car and realised the mot is expired :brickwall:

Yeah, dan garwood is trying to get one organised. It's in the events section on here. I'm hoping to go but my G60 is gIving me grief at the moment.

I'm sure you'll get through an MOT dude. They are an inconvenience though!

So what else have you got planned for her?

i always get a bit nervous at mot time when it's the first one i'll have stuck on the car. looking at getting a set of kw v2 coillies unless anyone can reccomend another set and a at the moment a big tidy up including a bit of paint. there's a couple of rust bubbles under the paint round the rear vw badge so will get the back end smoothed and holes deleted under the corrado badge but probably stick that back on. good luck with the g60 joe

cheers, just bought a set of bbs rx to go on. should be collecting them tomorrow.

update time, finally got new wheels on after feeling a bit skint and holding out on tyres but fitted a couple of toyo t1r to it

update time, finally got new wheels on after feeling a bit skint and holding out on tyres but fitted a couple of toyo t1r to it

Looking tidy, keep up the good work!!

Ian :D

a little update, been out tonight and took a couple of pics on the way home considering it's got 2 coats of polish and i even polished the wheels with my rim wax which is a rarity for me.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfnight1.jpg[/attachment:3o5xeb62]night.jpg[/attachment:3o5xeb62]

i also have plans a foot to take the c across europe towards the end of next summer as the car is very nearly up and together. next on the list is coilovers which hopefully i'll be ordering next month along with new top mounts. if anyone has any advise please chip in

i haven't put anything up for a while but have a few more things done starting with KW coillies and new top mounts all round. This is how it's sitting now

IMG00223-1.jpg

IMG00222-1-1.jpg

i need to wind the front up about 10mm then off to have the camber setup. what do we think?

i've been and dug the car out today after being away for work. It's a bit sorry for itself as just before Christmas the wiring to the lambda got damaged in heavy snow and has been in its safe mode since then whilst waiting for wiring repair kit and plugs to arrive from germany. here's some pics from today

SAM_0098.jpg

SAM_0103.jpg

SAM_0105.jpg

SAM_0113.jpg

hopefully will get it in a garage soon to be fixed

another update now i've done a few bits. the lambda wiring has been replaced and a new vw lambda and milltek de-cat pipe put in place at the same time. this is all looking and sounding good now and has fixed all of my running issues. I've also been out and put on two new front tyres after getting a bit tired of the mismatched budgets that were on when i bought the wheels trying to throw into the nearest ditch every time. This was all good until the next day when one of my rear wheel bearings ate its cage and got a bit graunchy. so off to the grandparents to replace the bearings and got a bit stuck :brickwall:

SAM_0192.jpg

have a look at the head of the bolt that retains the calliper carrier. I could not shift this at all, tried lots of heat the attacked it with a cold chizzel as you can see the big notch in the side of it. ended up employing my uncle bob who was handily there as well and stole my nan's clio :scratch:

next up i've had the car in for four wheel allignment. it's now fantastic to drive, made a huge difference and should look after the tyres better.

to finish the day off the car's had a wash and i've removed the rear wiper.

SAM_0204.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

i think that it has made a huge difference to the rear end, wasn't too sure at first

and now have just finished rubbing in some boiled linseed oil to the black plastics

SAM_0207.jpg

before

SAM_0209.jpg

and after (it was dark by this time)

Last on the list was to change the spark plugs that i've had kicking around for about a month now.

There's more to come with a set of 280mm front brakes, currently having the callipers and carriers shot blasted then i'll paint them up. i have a set of brembo discs but undecided on which pads to use?

very nearly forgot :shock:

last night i also fitted my new revotec fan and supports that i bought from DG Autotech

removal of old, worn out, skanky stuff:

SAM_0198.jpg

side by side:

SAM_0200.jpg

and in the bay (excuse the mess! i'm working on it):

SAM_0201.jpg

SAM_0202.jpg

i've run the car up to temp and the fan kicks in and cools it in a hurry unlike the tired orignal i've taken out and also there's a load more room to work in now. i'm very happy with this

have just returned from the rollers and still smiling, take a look whySAM_0219.JPG[/attachment:yw10102p]

the old 9a has made 152.6bhp and 132ft-lb of torque from a bit more fuelling and a smidge of ignition timing adjustment :clap:

I haven't updated this for a long time now. I've had my corrado nearly four years and it's still not anywhere near the standard i want it at but is no longer my daily after buying a fiat doblo cargo. So the car is in the workshop for a lot of work. This will be verging on a full respray and may well turn into that. Smooth out the hole for the wiper in the tailgate, plate the hole for the rear vw badge, dob weld into the corrado badge holes, remove rear tow eye and smooth out the rear bumper to suit, front wishbones off and painted, rebush entire front end, new front wheel bearings, possibly smooth out number plate recess in bumper, change all light units for ones in better condition (have these), refurb D90 alloys in white, fit braided brake lines all over, replace rear hard brake lines, fit rear strut brace.

I've also got an original Italvolanti steering wheel to go on and am in two minds on what to do with the interior, leather or semi-stripped.

I'm in no hurry to get the car back so there may be more added including a 20v turbo if my funds stretch that far.

I'll get pictures up as work progresses. It's amazing how much you can get done when the car isn't needed for daily use

Edited by odub

pics from the summer when the new engine loom went in

DSCF1497.jpg

DSCF1483.jpg

and some from tonight, taken on my crap camera phone (sorry)

IMG00140-20120219-1320.jpg

IMG00141-20120220-1942.jpg

the rust around the rear badge that started this whole short project

IMG00142-20120220-1942.jpg

parcel shelf supports modified to fit over the rear strut brace

IMG00144-20120220-2020.jpg

let me know what you think

a bit more done this evening. collecteed my new radiator which my vw parts dealer tells me is the very last one in stock and that they were discontinued back in september

DSCF2040.jpg

up against the old one which i'm pretty sure is the 20 year old original

DSCF2043.jpg

tired plastic starting to crumble

DSCF2045.jpg

Have had the hole for the tow eye deleted

DSCF2039.jpg

DSCF2036.jpg

either my uncle is on an economy drive or has lost his sense of humor

DSCF2042.jpg

with the help of my uncle, we've got the front bumper off

DSCF2047.jpg

and ready to prep. going to fill the licence plate recess and smooth it all out

DSCF2048.jpg

in the mean time I have covertly hidden the rear bumper that is in primer in a safe place (spare room). my girlfriend hasn't found it yet but when she does i'm sure she won't mind

DSCF2056.jpg