Bullfinch

VR6 Storm Classic Green - back on the road

RW1 - whats that on your bonnet support?

It looks like the spark plug removal tool. I took mine off and its in the toolkit I keep in the boot.

ah is that where its kept. When i first found out the car is supplied with a plastic version, i was searching the engine bay for it, I thought it was a mythical tool until now :lol:

After a couple of weeks of enjoyable motoring after The Phirm put in a new heater matrix the time came at the weekend to retire the Storm as in 2 weeks I'll be back in Brisbane. Here are the last pics for a couple of years.

I'm not sure this is a crime but I'm uploading what I am now driving in Brisbane. To put it in context my car list through work was restricted to Hyuandai and Toyota as VW's and other European makes are too expensive over here. Hence a RAV4 cruiser is my choice of wheels for the next 2-3 years. These pictures were taken at Mount Tamborine in the only field the car has been in so far :)

Oh well picture uploads failed - never mind. To describe the pic it's basically a black car surrounded by green grass and trees!

Edited by Bullfinch

I still enjoy the reading the forum but being 12,000 miles away in Brisbane I don't feel like I can contribute much at present. All should change sometime in 2013 when I return to blighty for good. Anyway the great thing recently was being back in the UK and heading 'oop north to check out my Storm in storage. All was fine and dandy and I even managed to drive it a few hundred yards. I've got funds set aside for the reinstatement work so I'll be back in touch with my usual helpful suppliers when I know more about my return date. If anyone wants a weather update today is 30C and sunny!

Glad to hear its hot and sunny over there, today we have 9c and sunshine following a week of freezing foggy greyness.

Its high time you spent your hard earnt readies on the corrado having neglected it for 2 years, its the least you can do!!

Seriously though all is well, nice car, bet you've missed her. Enjoy your last few months over there

OK - well I now know I will be back home sometime between June and Xmas. This means I get to see the British Lions thrash the Wallabies (I hope!) and then return back to blighty to get the Corrado up and running again. I also have to think what my main car will be.....

Having re-activated the Storm 2 months ago I've yet to get any new photos of the car. It's had a full service at The Phirm, 2 new Continental tyres fitted, it's passed 144,000 miles and it's now waiting for the call from Vince at Stealth to go and have the 263 cams fitted. I'm merely writing this now so I can find this thread a little more easily the next time I update it with some more interesting things to say.

Edited by Bullfinch

What did you end up getting as a daily....?

Currently have a 2011 VW Scirocco 2.0 GTi from the company car pool. Giving it back in Feb by which time I plan to empty the piggy bank and buy a......

New daily being picked up on Saturday. Will need to get some photos of the Corrado alongside the new motor. Looking forward to enjoying 385hp on tap:)

I forgot to post up the results of the 263 cams and Stealth re-map back in Dec. There wasn't time to do a before reading but after fitting the Storm produced 209bhp and 202 lb ft of torque. More than happy with that but the real gain is how much smoother the car is.

My Storm has spent the weekend with Christian at Invisible Touch detailing. Very pleased with the results and I think the car enjoyed hanging out with the P1 supercar fleet. Now need to keep the paintwork looking like this:)

That look's amazing for the mileage mate and it look's right at home with the other's

The Storm passed it's MOT today with no advisories. I've done 3,022 miles in the last year so my 3k limited mileage insurance looks spot on. Here's a recent photo with my daily lurking in the background:)

I picked up my new commuter car last weekend - a Mk6 Golf TSi. It's the GT spec with 160hp which is more than adequate for the start-stop commute I now have. At least the mpg on the commute is around 32-34 compared to 19-23 in the 911 or 21-27 in the Storm so by my man maths this means the car is already saving me money!