Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Whos best 2009?

Ok, from what I gather certain companies make a big push at different times of the year.

Anyone got a feeling who is best at present?

My usual suspects of tesco, norwitch union are not coming up tops. Its companies ive not heard of and unsure to commit. Halifx are bumping mine up by 170 on last year... tut.

I have and you couldn't even quote me. 22, with 4 years no claims on another policy so this one calculated with no no claims, for a VR6 now paying £780 :cry:

you tried adrian flux?

Brentacre.

Not the cheapest but in terms of claims handling, they are among the best within the niche market ins companies, imo! Been with them 9 years nearly and I wouldn't use anyone else for a modified policy.

They actually ring you with updates and fight your corner (properly) for you.

Flux, Herts, Greenlight.... from my own experiences of these peeps, they don't give a rats sphincter once they've got your money and Herts and Flux especially were hopeless with modified schemes. They didn't understand the parts and engineering involved with modified cars and c0cked up the policy schedule due to incorrectly described parts and parts missing, despite me sending them a concise list in writing.

Crash the car and they'll use any and every excuse to wriggle out of paying out, including missing parts from a modified scheme.

Sorry but I have even less time for insurance companies than I do banks at the moment.

Mine shortly due for renewal so very interested in how you get on mate.

Chris Knott have qouted me same as last year, and not sure if its just me but I've got another years 'no claim' and I'm now a year older and more mature, (cough), so would expect at least something knocked off if its only £10-20. :scratch: No offence Tim but the last few times I've rung with queries didn't get the most helpfull customer service. :(

Tempted to go with Brentacre, as last time I rung them for a qoute they weren't too far off and ended up having a long chat with the guy as he also had a Corrado. As Kevhaywire's post, they also knew what I was on about with the mods and upping the bhp. :clap:

Hi Jay

Are you already on 'full' NCB or have you gone, for example, from 2 to 3 years?

If the former, then you will be on the maximum discount anyway.

As Kevhaywire's post, they also knew what I was on about with the mods and upping the bhp. :clap:

Yeah I think it's either John or Kerry, one of them has or had a G60 16V Corrado, so they know the cars and what mods they get very well indeed.

When I was explaining forged pistons and engine management systems to them, it wasn't going over their heads like it does with the aforementioned companies.

Seriously guys, don't go for the cheapest because something has to be cut somewhere along the line and it's usually always claims service.

Cheers Tim,

Yep, think its been mentioned before when I've queried it that I'm already maxed out with NCB.

Just seems a bit odd that I could have 30 years no claims but isn't of any financial benefit. :cuckoo:

Not picking on Chris Knott but the whole Car Insurance thing just seems completely random with no logic. :scratch:

Just about to go with Brentacre on the Golf VR for Mrs B. I was with them when I had Badcrumble. They weren't the cheapest for a one off payment, Flux were cheaper by £20, but when you add the interest and charges to go direct debit, Brentacre were tops. To ba fair I do like talking to them, as they know what you're on about and always aim to please. Spoken to both John and Kerry, and in fact, the fact you know you'll be talking to the same person more than once, gives you a re warm feeling inside. Good customer service and not pushy....unlike Flux, who tried three times to make me go ahead with the quote there and then, rather than letting me decide.