Sign in to follow this  
WigsVR6

Paint feels rough to the touch after front respray

I had my front bumper and front nearside wing resprayed two weeks ago. Last night I waxed my car and noticed that parts of the roof and passenger door felt grainy so I removed the wax and felt the areas affected by hand and it felt rough to the touch. I'm thinking that its overspray of the clear laquor coat. What is the safest way to remove the overspray and get my paint back to its normal glassy like finish?

Thanks Alan

carefully get some cellulose paint thinners on it to lift the overspray, but DONT leave the thinners on at it will start to eat into the lacquer.

i deleted my first rsponse because i did not read your question properly :cuckoo:

Thanks for the tips guys sorry to take so long to reply Ive got a bad back and not been near my PC for a few days. I'll try the cellulose tip. Can you give me more details of how to do this would it be as simple as brush on then remove with cloth or better to wash off?