Sign in to follow this  
Gangstarr

high level rear brake light

Does anyone know were i can get a tidy looking & well made , i remember seeing a thread were someone had wired some up in the actual spoiler but ime not that adventurous . I had a look at a few in halfrauds but they were tacky as fook , Any pics would be helpful.

cheers m8 yeah thats the thread i remember i like the one in the spoiler but it looks a bit tricky to say the least , i prefer them in the rear window as its such a low car anywhere else is kind of pointless in the practical sense i guess ile keep looking anyone know a suitable car model to take one off bmw audi etc ?

From the Audi S2? Only one I know of from previous experience

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8743

two downsides:

1- curve of rear window means shroud would need trimming to suit corrado's flat window

2-price of parts from VAG - you won't find one at the scrapper as they're rare parts as std fit

positives:

1-easy & professional looking retro fit

2-no LED glare reflections with fitted shroud

i think Haywire did one and it looks very OEM - have a search, i'm sure you'll find it.

I did indeed do one many moons ago.... still working great. I basically just took the LED array out of a Hella job from Halfords and grafted it into the tailgate trim. You can take a brake electrical feed from the nearside rear light cluster as that's where you would plug in a tow bar loom :wink:

It was red tinted but I wiped that off and it's now a subtle clear colour, which you can just about make out in pic. You don't even know it's there, till it's on :D