Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

How do you remove the engine plastics?

I am sure it is relatively easy but just want to make sure I am not missing anything....

In particualr I am wanting to replace the front plastic plug holder and the actual VR6 DOHC cam plastic cover

Thanks

Matt

The front HT cable guide slides on and off and the rest of the plastics are held on with spline headed bolts, or a 6mm allen key will work if you're careful.

The front HT cable guide slides on and off and the rest of the plastics are held on with spline headed bolts, or a 6mm allen key will work if you're careful.

LOL cheers Kev I thought I would give your inbox a rest from my technical requests but low and behold :grin:

Am I pushing it if I ask you what size spline head tool I need :wave:

Cheers

Matt

The one that fits ffs :lol:

But I dont have any spline bits so i will have to go and buy the right one! :tongue: :lol:

do you know which way to slide the front one? :lol: towards battery? up towards the rest of engine?

can't get mine off and a search revealed this thread?

The front plastic guide should slide towards the battery side of the bay, u will have to loosen the right hand plastic to allow the front one to slide off and leonard i will have a look shortly for which size spline key u need as i'm goin in the garage shortly