Sign in to follow this  
mr_ed

Heater Matrix swap. Dash in or out?

Right folks, I am about to replace my matrix and like many other people on here I keep hearing rumours that it can be done without taking out the dash, could people that have done the job confirm or deny if this is possible please, personally im dreading taking out the dash and would obviously like to do it the quickest and easiest way.

Also, does any one have any tips on drying out the sound proofing? I stripped out all the carpets a few weeks ago to dry but no matter how long i leave the sound proofing/insulation stuff in the sun it is still soaking wet! I presumed it was the coolant chemicals or something, i dont really want to put it back in til its dry. any ideas?

opinions appreciated chaps, Dash in or Dash out?

Dash in. with a mate.

and I used a load of moisture trap crystals once I had dried ths sound proofing as much as I could, still got a few pints of moisture from teh crystals.

i had the same dilemma, i printed off a dash in guide to try and do this but it was such a pain in the bottom i ended up removing the dash, not as hard as it seems. just time consuming, but i also fitted heated seats so i ran the wiring up and over the dash original vw style.

I did a dash swap this morning, grey to black, took me 6 hours,nothing difficult, but as our learned friends prior to this post says- time consuming !

I must have done something right, as i have NO cuts or abrasions on my hands, no i havent got "girlie" hands and iam not double jointed !

take the dash out, its a really good learning curve

Thanks for the replys chaps, I think I will have a go at it with the dash in, If i struggle i will take it out. I might give it a go this week. i will let you know how it goes!

take the dash out, its a really good learning curve

i agree with this, will help you alot if any futher problems acure!

Did the job today, found it really simple to do. I started to do it without the taking the dash out but after a short while of sratching my head thinking how the hell is that going to come out i decided to take it out.

A lot easier than i thought, i suppose most of it was in my head when you start thinking of taking out the dash, i didnt realise i would be as simple as taking out 6 bolts and pull the bugger off!

All in all it took by about a day with plenty of fag & tea stops :grin:

if anybody stumbles on this thread when searching i would strongly recommend these links as 'how to' guides....

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... ATOR+STALK

cheers :clap:

A lot easier than i thought, i suppose most of it was in my head when you start thinking of taking out the dash, i didnt realise i would be as simple as taking out 6 bolts and pull the bugger off!

i found the same, taking the dash out isn't as hard as it seems! It's also great to see whats going on behind there incase u have any future probs.

Did the job today, found it really simple to do. I started to do it without the taking the dash out but after a short while of sratching my head thinking how the hell is that going to come out i decided to take it out.

All in all it took by about a day with plenty of fag & tea stops :grin:

if anybody stumbles on this thread when searching i would strongly recommend these links as 'how to' guides....

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... ATOR+STALK

cheers :clap:

lol i knew that would come in handy! i only did that last weekend actually... it's a HELL of a lot easier than it looks... i'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to this stuff so if i can do it, anyone can...