big ben

Big Ben's VRT

See Ive turned my boost level down to about 9psi and I find it a lot more manageable. Was out on Sunday for a wee run as I hate not running the thing. I dont mind it beign dirty, its just the salt that I hate.

Will be good to see your VRT again before too long, Ben.

Im sure we will meet up along the way this year mate, would love to see what magic Tim has done on yours!

See Ive turned my boost level down to about 9psi and I find it a lot more manageable

mine is at 9psi haha, it is manageable but there is only so much wheel spinning in 3rd i can take, its funny for a while but i like being able to go all out when i drive it and its warmed up

How's this running now Ben?! want some updates!

shes running like a dream :) but havent had time for much corrado tinkering of late as we have had our 1st little person, he is now 8 weeks old. But got a new MOT last month and tax now, enjoying driving it again when i get time!!!

one little "mod" has happened over the winter, but nothing too special.. will post some pics this weekend to prove i still have it :lol:

after getting my first house this month its been hectic to say the least, but after getting the tinternet today i thought i would update the thread as there has been a bit going on lately...

I got the 16v respray finished, and its come out very nice!! i put the old style grill on and some german style plates as well, im liking the standard look on my corrados nowadays, some pics of how it now looks;

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

very happy with the results, but owning a house and 2 corrados is hard to justify, owning 1 is bad enough :lol: so unfortunately i decided that the valver had to go as the VRT is going no where!! so my mate has decided to buy it, so its going to a good home and i will see it around which is a bonus. I put a MOT on it on saturday, which it failed on the top mounts and a ARB linkage, so no big deal at all for a 20 year old car!!

So....... running the VRT daily will be fun i would think :grin:

having 1 car again will at least have me concentrating on 1 rather than 2. I havent really drove it for at least 6 months, so driving it the last few days has been wicked, its like getting a new car again :)

well i will be updating again soon, just some random pics from the last couple months to finish;

some wax beading shots on the valver;

4-6.jpg

1-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-5.jpg

and the VRT and my mates VR. there will be lots of better photos later!! there is 4 of us with corrados now, i have started a bit of a trend :)

DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0651.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

Wish i could buy it back off you now mate! looks lovely after the respray! well done mate, wish i could of shown her the attention that you have :)

Well.....

I still own it, all though its been off the road for a year :brickwall: I brought a mazda rx8 and been using that, but thats gone now, so the corrado is becoming a daily (weekly really) soon :D

I have had trim wizard out, fitted a cat 1 full closure on it. Fitted the leather heated seats wiring and switch and had the leather seats repaired by trim wizard. Apart from that, nothing going on lol. It needs a bit of sorting out, mot on it etc, but i will have it on the road very soon. So might be kicking about the forum again

I will have a look over the forum, lots of old faces and changes. Hi to all!

Glad you're still around, Ben. Good to know there are stil a couple of VRT owners around here.. Good luck getting the car back on the road. I've just got mine MOT'd and running again after months tucked away. Its just had a sports cat fitted into the 3in system too, so I no longer have to go through the decat on and off malarky come MOT time. Got a few other little tweaks in the pipeline too. Rgds Charlie

It seems like it's VRT resurrection season at the moment! Mine should be going for MOT in the next week or so too! Good to have a few people back on the forum!

I still owe you £20!?!?!?!? Don't even remember haha!

Well going to book the car in with the guys at the phirm, few things I want doing and will be ready for early June. So will post some pics etc. I have the veedub bug again in this nice weather!

IMG_20130505_160720.jpg

IMG_20130505_160609.jpg

IMG_20130506_124622.jpg

All cleaned up. Few bits to do, drivers window/mirror stopped working for a start, doh! All booked into the Phirm on the 30th for some TLC, another month and i will be back in it :D

thanks. And yeah, i was actually after some stock wheels and this group buy started, they make my car complete to me. Couldnt live without them now lol

They are a mighty fine wheel for sure :D They weren't for me because of the weight but they suit the car perfectly!

She is all back on the road now, just got it back from the Phirm, just loads of little bits done and sport cat added. Tim has done a great job though as usual. More to come in the coming weeks as well! and just a little phone pic out the window of it home lol

IMG_20130608_191556.jpg

Edited by big ben

Looking nice there mate I do love the look of your wheel's but I feel 17's are too big for the car I put my porsche 17's on for the weekend and it doesn't feel as good as it does on the TH's which are 16's must be getting old :lol:

Classic look. Quick question about the Rota's and the brakes. Ive picked up a Mk4 4motion with LCR brembo's and I was looking at the Rota's, did they clear okay with no spacers?

I may put the 4mo brakes back to standard and put the LCR's on the Corrado but then again its good to be able to use standard wheels.

yep, them Rotas had loads of room!

Agree 17's are a bit big, but what can you do when you need to be able to stop in an instant haha.

evening, well late update but things have been happening. Enjoying driving her again, and bit of a major change taken place. I tapped my brother up to wrap it, as i cant afford a full respray at the moment. When you are into your detailing as much as me, OCD takes over haha. He wraps taxis for a living, so it has cost me next to nothing to do....

The chosen colour - matt anthracite grey. Was a bit of a gamble as i had only seen cars online with it on, but i use to have a titanium grey RX8 and it never looked dirty, so i wanted my rado that colour lol. And matt is low maintenance, no more polishing hehe

So few pics:

My little brother making a start (yes outside which didn't help)

IMG_20130629_122145.jpg

IMG_20130629_180139.jpg

IMG_20130629_183634.jpg

IMG_20130630_141701.jpg

IMG_20130630_172405.jpg

IMG_20130630_111722.jpg

IMG_20130630_202117.jpg

There is a few bits that need doing again, so will get it all sorted in next few weeks when he comes down. Once it is all sorted will get some nice pics of it all back together.

Must admit, i really like it :) Its nice changing the colour of your car in a weekend :lol: And i have not seen any cars like this around, its a nice wrap unlike the black matt ones. It has metallic in it as well, so i will hopefully get some nice pics on my SLR to show how good it actually looks

Edited by big ben