Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Mod Indecision...

After a bit of advice/inspiration from the team :)

As most of you know I have a 4wd R32 corrado, its just waiting an MOT right now, but i am on crutches for 4 weeks following ankle surgery, and i have been sat thinking about phase 2 (as you do)

I have in my possession a full VF supercharger kit for a mk4 Golf R32 minus the remap obviously, and I also have a DSG gearbox too.

I am unsure which route to go with the car. I think its either going to be one or the other.

I suppose i could fit both but then i would have to get the gearbox remapped too, aswell as the ecu, and I dont think i want to spend that much on it to be honest.

i guess i will have to see how quick the car its current setup to decide whether i need more power or not.

answers on a postcard.

Dont really rate the DSG purely from a purity of driving perspective.

So VF all the way for me!!! :clap:

I mean whats the point in having 4wd if you arent going to make the car as powerful as possible :wink:

fit supercharger and repam ecu, after some time You can fit new gearbox and it wouldn't be so expensive as everything in this same time

How many years this being going coxy?

And youre so close and off with "stage 2" :lol:

MOT/ legal it, Drive it... THEN think stage 2!

How many years this being going coxy?

And youre so close and off with "stage 2" :lol:

MOT/ legal it, Drive it... THEN think stage 2!

agree, enjoy the R32 standard for a little while then decide! but with 4wd i would be thinnking about more power to, and a blower is the way forward :grin:

fit supercharger and repam ecu, after some time You can fit new gearbox and it wouldn't be so expensive as everything in this same time

Yep

it wont be going on immediately, I need the car as its going to be my daily.

I think if i install the charger then i may just sell the dsg box on, and stick with the 02M 6 speed.

I will use the money from the dsg to purchase an uprated haldex controller ;)

and if i need more power again i will sell the vortech and go rotrex :)

cheers lads

not sure what i am going to do once its all road legal - its going to be weird!

My bro has a DSG box on his car and has been told that it would be the limiting factor if he was to go for big power without spending big money on it, so I would say stick with the manual box as its easier to fix if anything does go wrong and cheaper to uprate as your bound to want big power otherwise you wouldn't have fitted 4wd. right????

So charge it :D

ok. I have replaced the dsg part of phase 2, with peloquin ATB for the haldex, and an uprated haldex controller for the ultimate in 4wd traction :)

ok. I have replaced the dsg part of phase 2, with peloquin ATB for the haldex, and an uprated haldex controller for the ultimate in 4wd traction :)

Have a drive of Chris's R32 JBS turbo Mk4 :clap: :grin: :cuckoo: :lol: :norty: :notworthy:

Fook Me....It is devastatingly quick, pushing just shy of 500bhp, limiting factor is the box!

Fook Superchargers...Turbo's all the way mate!!!!