Sign in to follow this  
Paul-Corrado16V

Bloody Water in the car.

Got a real problem, Got a VW corrado 2.016v on a k92.

Every time it rains, i always find water inside the car under the floor mats.

Nothing else is wet except the floors and carpets.

I am new to the corrado world and like every other corrado driver loves there motor...but it is a bloody arse ache when it F's up.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Paul. :cry:

use the search button up on the top bar... There's LOADS of threads about water leaks and their causes... try searching for "fan and leak" :wink: 8)

Welcome to the forum! 8)

Its not a corrado specific problem.. affects all VW's of that era...

My corrado is ok (so far.. touch wood).. but my mk2 Golf drives me nuts with this..

I have had a customised piece of polystyrene (unused takeaway container) redirecting water past the fan intake (from the windscreen to the drain hole in the wing) for the last 2 months :lol: .

I can see it staying that way for a while seeing as I'm too lazy to seal the cover properly.

hi,

i have the same problem in my g60 (drivers side only). It's a common problem with the a2 chassis vws - the plastic door skin behind the door card becomes brittle with age and detatches from the door. As a consequence water finds its way into the car via the bottom of the door cards. Simply buy some visqueen, cut to shape of the door, making sure to leave as little gap around door handles etc as possible. Use heavy duty double sided tape/spray on leather glue to bond to door frame.

Lift the carpets from the foot wells and dry the sound proofing as soon as you can as these will rot.

This should solve your problem...

taking the door card off only takes about 10 mins so you should be able to eliminate this as a cause fairly quickly if your skins are intact.

8)

Phil,

Have you done anything to sort it out ?

Paul.

Erm, no I'm having enough problems trying to keep it on the road. On the Mk1 it was coming in through the doors as there was no plastic liner... easily sorted with some plastic sheet and duc tape. Am planning to strip the sunroof and check drain holes on the C soon as I have it back and running...