Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Anyone got a pictur of how the KW's are installed?

Anyone happen to have a pic of ho the KW's installed - what "original" parts are supposed to still be on?

Mostly wondering about the rubber thingy that goes on the underside of the "wheelbay" and the bearing that goes with it (the original stuff).

Either pic or explanation of what order the things are supposed to be in would be great

The nut you have there replaces the OEM one in the engine bay which goes on last and holds the metal disc that sits inside the engine bay also. There will be another nut off you OEM suspension that you will need.

You want to put the purple cone on first, then the donut shaped bearing - this is held on by the OEM nut i mentioned above. Then put the rubber top mount on and fit it all to car. Once the car is on the ground fit the metal disc which goes ontop of the suspension turret in the engine bay, finally put the nut on you got with the suspension - the one in the pic.

ok, thnx...:)

I presume the other nut will be the one that's on the supersport system that was on the car when I bought it......:)

(I'l take a pic of it and post back in here when I have it available...;)

ok, thnx...:)

I presume the other nut will be the one that's on the supersport system that was on the car when I bought it......:)

(I'l take a pic of it and post back in here when I have it available...;)

Yeah it will be, it will be the nut thats holding the bearing onto the supersport suspension

hehe, ok - I presume it "should" hold the bearing atleast - I think it might be installed wrong when they installed it before.......not 100% sure though as I can't remember exactly how it sits at the moment....:)

Thanks for the info...:)

Ok, I thighted as far as the pipe would go down (it stopped in the top of the rod), but wasn't much tention on it,l guess it should be alright then....;)

thnx again...;)

Just a quick Q

I used this nut between the rubber and bearing - don't want to take it down again to check but can anyone confirm it fits, I presume the rubber should be mostly in contact with the bearing - and the nut go "thru"?......

Just if anyone know - or else I'l take it down again...lol....:)

The nut:

f

Ok, thnx, I presume it doesn't matter that the nut won't go all thru the rubber ?, or should the blank nut that followed the suspension be used over the bearing, and then this from german autoparts be used on the top of the strut?, got a bit worried it might not "turn" correctly if the nut doesn't go thru the rubber?

Also in the rear I presume the inly thing needed is the 2 rubber "mounts" on the top, and not the OEM "rubber ring" and the metal plate that holds this ring?.

Thnx again for any feedback :)

Sounds to me like its the wrong order.

You want the.... top purple cap > bearing > top mount > that flat nut (it sits ontop and doesn't go through the mount, therefore holding it on)... then on car, the metal cap and big nut.

At least that's how i've put 2 sets on mine... hopefully i am not wrong...?

hmmm, AFAIK this is the way they go on:

strut.jpg?t=1259873814

but I'm not convinced that the nut I have from germanautoparts is the one that's supposed to be there, as I was under the impression the bearing should be able to rotate freely inside the rubber bushing - and the nut doesn't go "thru" the rubber.

Anyone have pics of an OEM - from VW nut that's sits in this area?.

hmm, getting a bit confused now - got some input from someone else telling me this is the original nut:

p1000979n.jpg

and should use that instead.....not holding the rubber mount....

thnx m8, what I thought was correct - but did you use the nut that came with the KW's to hold the bearing - I was thinking of using some nuts that's a bit "lower" and doesn't go thru the rubber thingy...;)

thnx again

Goes 7, 5, 3 (holds the bearing), 4, 6, 2 then 1

The nut should go through the rubber top mount and holds the bearing, just dont tighten it so much that it holds the bearing too much.