Sign in to follow this  
deanjames

Differnt in storms and normal vr6s

Never heard about the ECU/subframes before either.

....and can you say with any certainty that if they did have them, there aren't 'normal' VR's out there with the same change? Seems like a strange thing to do just for the last 500 cars you make - not exactly a selling point so why bother if production is ending??

Storms also cost more to insure being a group higher :(

They also take more of your time when you have to explain the differences to interested observers (or lack of) gazillions of times.

Other than the uprated ECU and stiffer subframes I can't think of any other differences

:lol: Nice one

Caught two suckers with that one already LOL

Pistonheads but you gotta snap at them when they come up as said I seen some really nice examples but really want leather my mate just picked up a m

reg black corrado 97k coilovers heated leather aircon for 3700 on a set of new weitec coilovers should of seen my face when he turned up to a meet in it, I'm guessing I'm holding out for the right one! And I'm prepared to travel

They also take more of your time when you have to explain the differences to interested observers (or lack of) gazillions of times.

Other than the uprated ECU and stiffer subframes I can't think of any other differences

gutted and there was me thinking about an uprated storm ecu for christmas :( :D :D

I also noticed on pistonheads there are vr6s for 4500-5000£ when they should be a grand less than that, some people take the mic! People banging on ooooo it's a classic which in some cases is true but I thinking asking that much is bit of a joke, anyone seen the one owner silver vr on pistonheads for 10k 28k miles, the world of buying corrados seems so varied either low fair or stupidly high

I also noticed on pistonheads there are vr6s for 4500-5000£ when they should be a grand less than that, some people take the mic! People banging on ooooo it's a classic which in some cases is true but I thinking asking that much is bit of a joke, anyone seen the one owner silver vr on pistonheads for 10k 28k miles, the world of buying corrados seems so varied either low fair or stupidly high

All down to perspective though really...

If I am buying I want low prices

If I am watching I want fair prices

If I am selling I want high prices

People are just trying to hook in to other peoples needs/wishes. If I am selling something (whatever it may be) then I will wish to sell it for the absolutely highest price possible.

Also, Corrado prices make no sense in any case as my car is probably only worth 3-3.5k but there is NO way I would sell it for that as it means more to me and IF I had 3-3.5k to spend on a replacement I'd only end up looking for another Corrado anyway...

Least I'd sell for is 4.5k to give myself a reasonable chance to buy something else I'd enjoy as much

probably with aircon next time though... Only thing that bugs me with mine.

its an age old problem but i think these people selling their corrados should wake up to the fact they are only worth what the next person

is willing to pay them for it and £5000 is not really a buyer figure for a corrado vr6 perhaps like you said around 3 grand for a good one !

Balls.

And it was my damn idea!

Balls.

And it was my damn idea!

ha ha ha :D

I think 3k is a fair price

really like the look of this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORRADO-2-9-VR6-S ... 292wt_1165

looks ok from the pics suspension is well suited to that field its in and it has not been driven for a while as the disks are golden brown with rust

best thing to do is go look at it and wave 3 grand in cash inder his nose and see how you get on :D

That Storm's been on sale for the last 4 months. I went up to TCS when the guy had a Classic Green Storm for sale and I soon walked away. Caveat emptor :wave:

Why you little..... (shakes fist) :lol:

Hook, line and sinker :tongue:

Why you little..... (shakes fist) :lol:

Hook, line and sinker :tongue:

Hehe - I just liked the idea of a rumour that might make me some money one day - none of you will stay on that line long enough tho!

5K for a VR sounds extremely optomistic,to be honest a good one is probably only goingto go for max 3k these days unless its stupidly low mileage, and the right buyer comes along...

Thats said, compared to comparable cars of the type, of that age and genre, I would argue they comand a considerable premium, I think they always commanded a VW 'scene tax' as it were..

The other issue is that for what they are 'worth'm provided they're maintained, they're hugely capable and enjoyable cars, so even though a car may only have a 'book' value of 2K/2.5K/3K.. it may be worth far more than that to the owner in terms of what it gives them (and especially interms of being a 13-17 year old car with known history)..

The other thing to note, is that if you compare like for like mileage and age, I suspect they've actualy gone up in value over the past few years, as 3 years a ago a car on 150K/170K/200K miles would have probably sold for less than a car at that mileage now,

As someone else said, is less about miles and age, and more about condition, whats being replaced and the TLC the cars ben subject to..

Re: Storms, they've always commanded a premium, I suspect at the moment the price difference between a storm and similar spec/condition VR is probably the smalest its ever been, whether this starts to widen again when prices finally start to rise again (which could be a good 5-10 years still- if the oil doesn't runout/become £15/l before then)remains to be seen, but personally, I'd go on condition far more than storm/non-storm colour etc,...

Storms have a higher resale value - that's about it. They don't do anything better / different / faster / grippier than any other VR6 :)

mines different / faster / grippier than any other VR6 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: