robtalbott

headunits that look 'right' in a corrado

Coming from some of the classic Alpine Units like the CDA-7944r and the CDA-9835r i used to find them bright and take a lot of setting up. The becker is much smoother and sounds perfect straight out the box, no need to adjust the sound settings they sound balanced with everything at zero.

I've been told that they're excellent - how do you guys rate the sound that they produce, based on your audio setups?

I'm no expert on sound quality etc so can't really comment.

I bought it as when I bought the car it had a huge silver / blue thing that looked awful and definitely needed changing. The alarm/ice place recommended the Becker as the best OE headunit for the car.

One of the door speakers was also blown from the amp that had been fitted so I had the door speakers replaced with Diamond .... something (full name not on receipt). 5.25" component kit, 1 tweeter 100w RMS 90.5DB sensitivity includes x over.. :cuckoo: :?

Means nothing to me but it does all sound nice when I do ever drive the car!

As well as not being an expert on sound quality I've no idea about technical stuff either (see my microsoft office software thread!!!) but when looking for a pic to add I saw something about an extra bolt on bit that can be bought to interface something else with it!

Not very much help but I'm sure surfing the net for Becker grand prix will give you the answer.

Pioneer have two nice units, one at £389.99, DEH-P88RSII and the other just out DEX-P99RS available sometime at around £750 :shock:

The P99 is a bit too hardcore for most :D When you add the processor etc, you're talking a couple of grand, more than some people's corrado is worth :lol:

It is a VERY nice unit though and way cheaper than Alpine's equivalent F1 system. Sounds better too imo.

Stereos that suit corrados imo are Nakamichi CD400, Becker Mexico and some Clarions.

I echo this. Id also look at the older P77MP as that would probably look pretty sweet in a rado dash. Alternatively a Becker unit maybe??

mk4 gamma tape deck :) gotta love old school style. i'm trying to get hold of the CD portion to mount in the glovebox. once the switch LEDs are replaced with red it'll all match nicely :)

Nakamichi CD400 in an early car.

Nak.jpg[/attachment:2pyl9z1u]

Would have been my first choice money no object 8)

I have an Alpine IDA-x001 and I like the look of it, heres pictures of it in the Corrado:

DSCN2803.jpg

DSCN2794.jpg

Nice to see a proper Corrado! LHD FTW! HAHA :lol: