Sign in to follow this  
bad boy

SCRAPPAGE SCHEME

She's a senior lecturer in psychology... I don't think she'd want to change to being a driving instructor mate!

Heh... or be driven around in one!

Cheers for the UJ btw - was here waiting for me when I got home from a weekend away :)

Are the cars p/x'd as scrappage not even allowed to be broken then? I thought they were just not allowed to be put back on the road as 'a car'??

Are the cars p/x'd as scrappage not even allowed to be broken then? I thought they were just not allowed to be put back on the road as 'a car'??

allowed to be broke,not allowed to be shipped abroad,or put back on the road

That would be pretty shite! Especially for those Storms and all that getting scrapped. Essentially saying "Let's make it a Category A write off, to piss people off and drive them into scrapping their car because no spare parts are available, thus more eco friendly cars on the road, and more money out of the tax payers pocket!"

Edit: Just read dragons post, that's good at least they can be broken. More spare parts for us! ;D The above was just a "what if" stance :p

I think if they were to just sit down and think about the whole scrappage thing, they'd think "Oh, bugger, we've just spent all of our tax payers money! Looks like we'll have to close down schools and hospitals etc, but at least everyone gets to drive around in nice shiny new cars AND be in debt!"

Gr.

That would be pretty ****! Especially for those Storms and all that getting scrapped. Essentially saying "Let's make it a Category A write off, to piss people off and drive them into scrapping their car because no spare parts are available, thus more eco friendly cars on the road, and more money out of the tax payers pocket!"

Edit: Just read dragons post, that's good at least they can be broken. More spare parts for us! ;D The above was just a "what if" stance :p

I think if they were to just sit down and think about the whole scrappage thing, they'd think "Oh, bugger, we've just spent all of our tax payers money! Looks like we'll have to close down schools and hospitals etc, but at least everyone gets to drive around in nice shiny new cars AND be in debt!"

Gr.

As I mentioned before, there's a corrado in a scrapyard down here in Bournemouth which was definitely from a scrappage scheme. I've been taking bits of it recently to keep mine on the road. It's looking sorry for itself now though, been absolutely gutted.

The cars have to be scrapped right away, so if they are doing that they the likelihood is they will be prosecuted. The idea is to keep old cars OFF the road.

Makes me laugh really; we must have had 5 threads in the last 8 weeks with people saying they've heard of xx amount of Corrados being lost to the scrappage scheme and always happen to be either Storms or ones with Recaros :roll: Anyone would think Sky News had bought the forum!! If they really did go on this scheme, chances are they were worthless aside from the odd trim bit. You don't get a decent Corrado for less than £1800 nowadays anyway.

When the official numbers show only two VW Coupes which may not even be Corrados anyway!

That list can't be right, if so then it indicates people are trading in all sorts including Aston Martin DB7's among other things, my friend is a mobile body repair guy and saw 2 Corrado's in one day whilst based at an Audi dealer in West London.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's in triple figures by now, you only have to have a look on pistonheads to see how many are for sale at any one time.

When the official numbers show only two VW Coupes which may not even be Corrados anyway!

That list can't be right, if so then it indicates people are trading in all sorts including Aston Martin DB7's among other things, my friend is a mobile body repair guy and saw 2 Corrado's in one day whilst based at an Audi dealer in West London.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's in triple figures by now, you only have to have a look on pistonheads to see how many are for sale at any one time.

Yeah something cannot be right if people are trading in Aston Martins and like :lol:

Even if the corrados were tatty and in need of alot of TLC, its still a shame :? :mad2:

ANOTHER CORRADO BITES THE DUST .......

My mate at the VW Dealership have just had another Corrado come in on the scrappage scheme, you wont beleive this but its a 1993, blue, 2.0L 16v one owner thats done 130k miles with full VW service history,,,, taxed and m.o.t`d and its going to be scrapped ....... this is not good ..... :(

It's too depressing for words.. the people doing this need shooting in the face frankly :(

ANOTHER CORRADO BITES THE DUST .......

My mate at the VW Dealership have just had another Corrado come in on the scrappage scheme, you wont beleive this but its a 1993, blue, 2.0L 16v one owner thats done 130k miles with full VW service history,,,, taxed and m.o.t`d and its going to be scrapped ....... this is not good ..... :(

do they HAVE to "scrap" the car? i know when you part exchange at a garage they sometimes re-sell the cars at auction

Unfortunately with the scrappage scheme, I think useful bits are allowed to be salvaged - and then it literally HAS to be crushed.

Unfortunately with the scrappage scheme, I think useful bits are allowed to be salvaged - and then it literally HAS to be crushed.

to promote new car sales? makes sense but its still a crime :cry:

So where is the economical sense in that. If there is nothing wrong with it then why cant it keep going, will save alot of energy used to take it to the crushers, crush it, ect ect

really get on my tits that :censored: :mad2: :bad-words: :brickwall:

It's too depressing for words.. the people doing this need shooting in the face frankly :(

Harsh, but fair !

[strike:2u8qgfvi]Harsh, but[/strike:2u8qgfvi] fair !

So where is the economical sense in that. If there is nothing wrong with it then why cant it keep going, will save alot of energy used to take it to the crushers, crush it, ect ect

really get on my tits that :censored: :mad2: :bad-words: :brickwall:

its the rado's or the car companies mate. In the interest of protecting long term jobs the government has chosen to promote new car manufacture. Trouble is the second the scheme is gone car sales will plummet again.

There is a guy on ebay selling leather seats out of a G60, he's been given over £4000 for his corrado under the scrappage scheme apparently.

More money then he would probably get for it if he sold it on the open market.

But still it's a crying shame!! :(

And all for a brand new Passat CC. Are VW not shifting them? What's the depreciation on one of those? What's he going to get for it when he sells it? Why scrap a perfectly decent car? Man even a previous owner wanted it back! Makes my blood boil.

The cars have to be scrapped right away, so if they are doing that they the likelihood is they will be prosecuted.

technically incorrect.

the vehicle can be stripped for any and all parts. the chassis (VIN) number is scrapped on the database and is marked so that it can not be returned to the road. it is marked as a Cat B - Breaker only on the DVLA system.

so the dealers can claim the £2k back the company that 'buys' the car has to issue a certificate of destruction which confirms that the car has been depoluted and removed from the road. however the certificate of destruction does not literally mean that the car has been destroyed :wink: