Sign in to follow this  
warren

what is the best car polish ????

hi all, so,what is the ultimate polish to use on my flash red c??? the paint work is bright, but just need that ultimate mirror finish... any ideas :shrug:

I use both megs and autoglym products, majority of them require a dry cloth to apply and remove. I like all the waxes that megs make, ive not used megs polish though

megs class cleaner has the best smell :lol: certainly wont be drinking it. Very berry

Yeah I use autoglym super resin as well then cover with the autoglym Extra gloss protection which seems to work pretty well. My C is red and had a faded roof, bonnet and mirrors when I got it so I used T-Cut colorfast(red) first and It brought the paintwork back. Think Halfords have still got the 2 for 3 offer on so that can save you a few quid....either that or put it on your Xmas list!

I've used Mer before and some of the others on the market but I really think it all comes down to personal preference and the condition of the paintwork. A friend of mine works for a prestige car company and he got me hooked on cleaning my glass with newspaper and working polish on and off with the correct cloths (micro fibre ones work best for me). A while back someone gave me a Lynx dry set (smellies etc) for a pressie, in the set was a micro fibre bath towel which is ultra absorbent and is ideal to use to dry off the vehicle before polishing so now I've stopped using a shammy. Another tip he gave me was to leave the car in the garage overnight after you've given it a quick polish, then in the morning buff up again lightly. This is supposed to help the protection... couldn't tell you why this is but it works for me, maybe something to do with giving it time on the paintwork before the element's start effecting it????

Also, I only use alloy wheel cleaner that contains the minimal amount of acid in them to stop the cleaner fading the alloy and then always thoroughly clean off afterwards.

I Suppose though, where do you draw the line in continuously treating paintwork on a vehicle to make it look better rather than investing in a decent respray?

hmmmm? :scratch:

the MENZERNA range is the best polish's i have used but this is with a machine

i have tried megs polishes sonus polishes 3m polishes but prefer the menzerna over all it just does the job the best i guess for me

and as for wax/sealents the best wax i have used is colonite 915 and best sealent is zaino z2 with the zfx additive 3x coats lasts 6 months easily and is great for matalics as the flake pop is really good

my 2 pence worth :D

A while back someone gave me a Lynx dry set (smellies etc) for a pressie, in the set was a micro fibre bath towel which is ultra absorbent and is ideal to use to dry off the vehicle before polishing so now I've stopped using a shammy.

I had one of those :clap:

Think Halfords have still got the 2 for 3 offer on so that can save you a few quid....either that or put it on your Xmas list!

Rip-off merchants.

it really depends on what you want the polish to do, if you wand a LSP product to bring out the shine that carnuaba waxes but also paint sealents are coming on to. have at look smartwax concours wax and black fire products from polished bliss, this is what i use. If you machine polish the car before hand then apply a lsp you will get much better results and a deeper shine,

I use Turtle Wax :norty:

ae282009720086119.jpg

OPS! Not Machined Polished... I have done that now and the result is like new :notworthy: