Sign in to follow this  
bobbymkII

1993 rado 9a 16v((now matte black))page2

had this car about 2 months or so....

pics from when i bought it to current in order....

day i picked it up

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

couple days later slammed it...

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

then some sanding and painting and polishing

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSCF3010.jpg

wee pic so far

DSCF3016.jpg

DSCF3003.jpg

had some bad laquer peel on bonnet so sorted that :eek:

DSC00261-1.jpg

DSC00260-1.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

matt black

DSC00275-1.jpg

beside mates nugget rado

DSCF3004_edited.jpg

now some weight loss :hitler:

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

more to come...as need more weight loss as going track car route ...also a rear cage 8)

If your going for a cage get a full one. It will probably just replace the weight your taking out. Good to see another Corrado going about up here. We really should have a Scottish meet.

only want a half cage as like you say full cage just add what a remove...going to strip doors down next as they weigh a tonne :eek: and see what else can be lost like front seats for 1 single light weight seat ...

forgot to add engine mod wise has kr cam fitted k&n panle filter and few drilled holes on wing side and front...

magnex cat back system and decat pipe..nae idea what power that give me and dont care it goes well..for a 16v 8) recorded 142mph on test track on gps with 200 rpm till redline and ran out off runway :)

no other plans to do anything else to gain bhp or torque as will be fun enough once it sheds a good few pounds and make a fun track/road car...

but any other advice on rado 9a 's fire away...

i love the sunny days ....gave rado a proper clean and some fresh pic's

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

DSCF3016-1.jpg

DSCF3038.jpg

DSCF3036.jpg

DSCF3033.jpg

DSCF3032.jpg

DSCF3044.jpg

car is a 2.0 16v 9a with k&n panel filter and magnex exhaust and coilovers ....

plans for 2010 are ....

280 brakes on front new discs and pads on rear....(going track car route)

half roll cage in rear as will also be daily car....

lose much more weight(suggestions please from fellow track car rado drivers)

get mid box on exhaust removed (save more weight and add more noise :shock: )

remove 16x7.5 wheels and get some 15x7 rims with proper sticky rubber

poly bush front and rear upper and lower strut brace ...

matt paint job ...yes i said matt paint job...

job done hope to get most of this done asap as track action isnt far away

Very nice, paint work looks superb.

I think the quickest way to save weight is to strip out the interior, rear seats, door cards etc. 8)

pics make the paint look good...has alot of laquer peel and few scratches...but no point spending big £££££ on show paint when its going to be daily/track car ....hence the reason matt paint finish ...get whole car painted for few hundred rather than few thousand...so if i get bumped on track or go off dont have to cry to much :)

Looks well tidy from here mate! :D

Understand why u'd go for a matt paint job, but is there anything wrong with the paint at present? Looks pretty tidy to me...?

Maybe u should wait until u actually get a ding then consider it? :grin:

paint isnt great tbh has matt black bonnet as was bad laquer peal also have this on 1 wing starting and few other bittys along with some scratches where some fooker tried to key it.....hence matt finish as i can spray this my self of proper gun and cost me a fraction of show n shine finish and like i say is going to be daily/track car so if gets bumped not as much a worry about in terms of respray just my own time ...pretty cars are fine and i like them alot but ive always been more into a car that handles well and dont worry about stone chips ect...im usualy a mk2 gti 16v man....but fell for rado after driving one as they do handle much better than a mk2 golf in standard forms but once you play with them the rado gets even better on the handling front...yeah sure its a heavier car than the mk2 and maybe slower from 0-60 but fook all between a mk2 16v kr and rado 9a 16v once your up and running and since it stops better and handles better will make a far better track car for my self....im more drive it like you stole it than drive it like its worth a million and try not get a stone chip...fook that get the foot welded down and throw it into those beds like ye just dont care....

either way.....i do love corrado's and fancy a vr6 corrado next time cos i think i might take this one a bit far interms of stripping to lose weight so be nice to a have a well spec'd up vr6 as a big comfy daily

sorry about the delay .....just been doing other sheet ...but paint job done.....

and i couldnt give a fly fook what people think about matt paint cos its my car and its my daily and its job done looks a million miles better than laquer peel on every panel.....

P100904_143604.jpg

P100904_143617.jpg

P100904_143854.jpg

P100904_144035.jpg

P100904_143433.jpg

P100904_143537.jpg

now need to lower at rear and differnt colour wheels

Looks sweet mate 8)

I sprayed my Rado matt black a few months ago as the paint was shabby and had a bit of repair work that needed to be done, best thing I've done.

Yours look a real nice finish. Are you going to do the wheels black or keeping them as they are?