Sign in to follow this  
radness

Vagcom / ABS system problem

Guys,

My ABS light has been on for a while now I borrowed a good vagcom off a friend and purchased the 4 pin to OBI II converter and it gives me a fault on the engine; 520; Volume/Mass Air Flow Sensor G19/G70 - open or short to ground INTERMITTENT

Anyway, when i try to access the "brake" area of the system - i assume it tries to connect to the ABS controller? well the first time i got a flash of the model of my ABS unit then it disconnected and keeps saying "trying to re-establish communication to car over and over, it's almost like the ABS unit is dead or a wires gone or something, is there anywhere obvious to check? anyone had this before?

I'd really like my ABS to be working this time of year :)

I think there is a snag within vagcom and the corrado abs unit interface. Some have managed to get the link to work by lowering the communication speed or latency. Have a go at that and see how that goes?

Any luck with this Radness?

Mine is doing the same and I took it to a Bosch dealer today. He plugged it into the Bosch computer and the same thing happened.

I had this problem using an ebay cheap USB Vagcom lead, simply would not work on the Corrado ABS unit, oddly worked fine on an OBD2 Vento. Never managed to find a solution, in the end i gave up and bought 9 pin Serial Vagcom lead which works perfectly.

Does the ABS light come on when you try and connect, that’s usually a basic indicator as to whether there is some sort of life in it.