Sign in to follow this  
akacheesy

Headlight adjustment

anyone have any ideas about headlight adjustments? I know how to adjust them just not sure where the beams should be pointing. If I set them so both near & offside are level on dipped, when I put my main beam on the nearside appears to be higher than the offside. If I adjust the mainbeam so they are level the nearside appears lower.

Anyone got any tips?

PS After fitting the uprated loom, a local plod commented on how bright my lights were the other night, he asked if I had my main beam on. I said no and that prehaps they were a little high. Didn't tell him (obviously) that I had 80/100 watt bulbs in :-P

You can adjust headlights against a flat surface such as a garage door but the general rule of thumb is if you can see the person in front's head at night, they're way too high. The offside one points dead ahead at bumper level and the nearside is slightly higher and points more toward the left. The Corraod lights are already preset for angles, all you really need to do is alter the height of each one with the white knobs.

K

They have to be pretty accurate for the MOT, On the panel above the radiator there is some adjustment figure for the lights, not entirely sure how you use it or if its just for the dealers to use for calibration. (think mine says +1.3%)

You'd be surprised what MOT testers let through! I've adjusted lights by eye in the past several times and they've always got through the test, probably more by like than skill though!

You'd be surprised what MOT testers let through! I've adjusted lights by eye in the past several times and they've always got through the test, probably more by like than skill though!
lets see if there this generous when it comes to my all red tail lights

My headlights are seriously out of alignment. I just can't be ar5ed to alter them!

my night vision is so bad I drive with the fogs on all the time anyway.

I managed to snap the white adjustment thing on the back of the lights earlier.. I say both lights because fool that I am, I managed to snap it on both lights! Were these adjuster things made just for the C or can I get them off of a golf etc?

my passenger light is way out,and people keep flashing me thinking my main beams are on..untill i do put them on and they soon turn theres off :lol:

lets see if there this generous when it comes to my all red tail lights

Let me Test it for you then :wink: