Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

parking

I cant park

I have had my corrado a year now and I still cant judge the distance at the rear when reverse parking. The other day I did a very neat reverse parking manouvre and I thought I would just edge it back a bit more. I gritted my teeth and said a small prayer and inched back. I thought I was about 6 inches from the front end of the car behind me so I stopped. I thought I would get out and have a look before I pulled it forward a bit. Low and behold you could have fit another corrado behind me!!!!

Two things you could try... stick your lights on and use the lights to help you judge and get closer to the obstacle behind and/or as you're looking out of the rear windscreen, keep your head pointing towards the side of the car and get your head as high as you can (so you're keeping your head fixed and looking out to the side), I find that these both help...

Don't feel bad... the shape of the C's back end doesn't lend itself easily to tight maneuvering... it took me a while to get used to it too...

...and don't get me started on the blind spots :lol::heartattack: :shock:

DtM.

Fit a rear camera and TV system.... makes life lots easier + you don't even have to turn around! :wink: :lol:

I thought I was about 6 inches from the front end of the car behind me so I stopped. I thought I would get out and have a look before I pulled it forward a bit. Low and behold you could have fit another corrado behind me!!!!

I've done that loads of times, I spose its better than the other way round, where you think you have loads of room, and then proceed to drive into the other car

I'm getting very good at parking the C now.

I parallel parked in a tight spot in my street the other evening. When I got out of the car, I discovered that I couldn't actually walk behind OR in front of the car to get to the street and fold the wing mirror in.. I had to actually walk AROUND the car in front to do it...

The looks you get in the morning:

"Bummer mate, looks like you're blocked in."

.. "Err, no actually, I parked it here myself last night!"

:)

I cant park

Nothing to be proud of! ;)

Only joking as Dave says its better to err on the side of caution provided you don't look stupid of course.

firstly

:oops:

secondly

I think a few of you have taken my comments a bit to literally. Maybe i should have put "I can park but I am still a tad unsure about how much space I have behind me causing me concern as I dont want to prang my pride and joy," but its to late for that now.

I have come to the conclusion I think what I need is a lever on the dash to pop the boot enabling someone under my employment to beep (getting quicker as I near the car behind me) as I reverse.

firstly

secondly

I think a few of you have taken my comments a bit to literally. Maybe i should have put "I can park but I am still a tad unsure about how much space I have behind me causing me concern as I dont want to prang my pride and joy," but its to late for that now.

I have come to the conclusion I think what I need is a lever on the dash to pop the boot enabling someone under my employment to beep (getting quicker as I near the car behind me) as I reverse.

While you're at it, you could get your employee to walk in front waving a red flag :twisted:

firstly

secondly

While you're at it, you could get your employee to walk in front waving a red flag :twisted:

Surely it will be a yellow flag :wink:

open the boot before you reverse....

LOL, that reminds me of when Clarkson reversed a Countach round a corner by lifting the door and hanging out of the car :lol:

I can't condemn Matt for his inept parking though because I knocked my drive wall over with my C :? Not a mark on the C but the bricks didn't fare too well.

Another thing....VW claim the manual spoiler switch is to aid reversing but it makes feck all difference. You can't do anything about a great big fat arse and tall C pillars.

matt buzz it was all in jest mate - agree with Kev the rear view isn't all that - you just have to get used to it.

No worries man. I know it is all jesting. Have been smiling like a cheshire cat whilst all the banter has been going on. Watched a Jackie Chan film the other night where he handbrake turns his car into a car parking spot at about 90. Would love to try it..............

but not in my car :twisted: Thats how I started thinking about the whole parking thing and the fact my radar is way out when it comes to reverse parking. I am too use to driving forwards I guess :oops:

open the boot before you reverse....

LOL, that reminds me of when Clarkson reversed a Countach round a corner by lifting the door and hanging out of the car :lol:

I can't condemn Matt for his inept parking though because I knocked my drive wall over with my C :? Not a mark on the C but the bricks didn't fare too well.

Another thing....VW claim the manual spoiler switch is to aid reversing but it makes feck all difference. You can't do anything about a great big fat arse and tall C pillars.

Do not ever attempt opening the door of ya car and reversing into a tight spot,,, i saw my mate doing this once in his supra which is more of a pain to park and ending up scraping his door along a hedge and making a real mess but at least he didnt hit the Corrado behind him ;-)

Try practising in a hearse, you should be ok then.

...Or a Chrysler PT Cruiser... Talk about zero rear visibility! :? We've got 10 branded ones at work and someone decided that the branding was more important than the rear side windows, so they got covered with the branding... :roll: