Sign in to follow this  
big ben

how much for these bits to be resprayed??

:wave:

how much do you think it should cost me to have the front panel and bumper resprayed, then touch ups on the front wings, bonnet, door, rear quarter, mirrors and rear bumper??

be interesting to see what people think, after a rough number really so i dont get screwed

can't imagine a decent place would want to do anything other than whole panels, and you won't get much change out of 100 quid a panel, once you start looking at that many parts of the car then a full respray won't cost much more, it all depends on the quality of the job. I'd get several quotes from people that have actually had a look at the car.

I had a quote recently for a full prep, respray and laquer sorting out al lthe dings and rust and it was basically 2 grand, on the other hand I had a reasonable (2 pack, no laquer) job done on a tailgate and front wing (off the car) for 250.

sounds like im going to have to have the bumper and panel done, then the rest will be a DIY job... thanks for the replies so far, anyone else??

sounds like im going to have to have the bumper and panel done, then the rest will be a DIY job... thanks for the replies so far, anyone else??

what about getting some colour coded spray cans? I have painted some parts of my C with them and looks ok even if you look closer. You may find a paint shop near to you that can do it :)

nice one!! i was thinking that actually... might have a go myself soon, see how i get on...

I wouldn't try it in the winter, damp and cold will be a big problem, but you can cut rattle can paint back to make the finish nice, it's just the colour match that is a problem.

just come off the phone to my local vw bodyshop, going to take it there friday to see how much they will charge me for all of it or just the bits etc... then i will have a think what to do.

if i buy vw paint from the dealer in a can, can the paint match still be a problem?

£100 a panel is a good guide price, more if there is any rust and large or large amounts of small dents....

I'd start with getting quotes for a front end job as it's best to get it all done so it blends - usually can find somewhere good that will do it for £500 cash and maybe £600 with the rear bumper too.

ok thanks. I need to replace my front windscreen to actually AGAIN. bit of rust under it so may as well do the lot while its in there... the bill is getting bigger :(

just come off the phone to my local vw bodyshop, going to take it there friday to see how much they will charge me for all of it or just the bits etc... then i will have a think what to do.

if i buy vw paint from the dealer in a can, can the paint match still be a problem?

Yeah, you have a metallic colour so it will be pretty hard. I have a repsrayed door that I fitted after my last one got ate by rust and it is slightly darker. I think it depends a lot on what primer you have used as to the overall darkness of the paint.

I'd be interested to know what sort of quotes you get tho Ben, as I need basically exactly the same doing!

yh ben if you could post up a few of your quotes sure it would help a few people including me

cheers mort

been down the vw bodyshop and they are sending me an estimate, but i think it may be in the region of £1000 guessing.

as i need;

x2 wings

x2 mirrors

front and rear bumper

bonnet

front panel

both rear quarters

driver side door

both a pillars behind windscreen

spolier

obviously they just want to spray the entire panel even if its a tiny mark i want removing... will get a couple more quotes though as well in the coming weeks

had such high quotes for what I wanted to do that I'm in the process of sorting out a big compressor and tools to do the job myself, at the moment I reckon about 600 quid on kit will give me a big air compressor that will still run on a 230V supply, spray guns and shot blasting kit as well as air tools for working on the car :D

probably have a few abortions to start with but I've got plenty of spare panels to practice on :lol:

been down the vw bodyshop and they are sending me an estimate, but i think it may be in the region of £1000 guessing.

as i need;

x2 wings

x2 mirrors

front and rear bumper

bonnet

front panel

both rear quarters

driver side door

both a pillars behind windscreen

spolier

obviously they just want to spray the entire panel even if its a tiny mark i want removing... will get a couple more quotes though as well in the coming weeks

my brother got his worrier pick up sprayed for a grand and it lookes the nuts

i say just get it all done otherwise it will look like a patchwork pillow :lol:

hopefully it wont be but dont be surprised if its more than that, you're only 3 panels short of a full respray there which done reasonably would be 2k from most places.

i paid more for bumper, slam, bonnet, 2 wings (one blended to door), 1 mirror, 1 door (blended to rear quarter) plus prep on the 2nd hand donor panels. that was in london though so bound to have been a bit more...

Ben, know you are local-ish to me... search out BJV (the wheel place) there's a body shop up by them that may be worth giving a go?

They did the wet-spray on my 928's and was really very good!

And sorry can't remember what they were called! :(

i think it will be interesting to see what they say, but it isnt far off a respray :pale:

i have a mate who does it to so need to get in contact with him, but he is recently spraying my mates corrado so want to see how good the job is frst... and there is a bodyshop in the next village so will go there to. will post what they all say...

and i would love to do it myself, i would like to buy cars in a bad body state and spray them up and sell them on for good money, but wont ever happen :lol:

Ben, know you are local-ish to me... search out BJV (the wheel place) there's a body shop up by them that may be worth giving a go?

They did the wet-spray on my 928's and was really very good!

And sorry can't remember what they were called! :(

oh nice one, will find them to then... i want to ask BJV about my wheels to because they have stone chips and 1 curb mark which i want to sort out but they are a bronze colour so dont know if they could match it???

If it helps Ben, I was quoted £1500 the other day to do a front end respray as part of a wing replacement job (following a recent prang).

They have to 'blend in' the adjacent panels with metallics and I asked him to quote me on just keeping the spray gun going over the entire bonnet, a pillars and bumper :D We'll try and get it through the insurance as 'blending', but no doubt they'll see through that and only sign off the wing replacement and wheel refinishing, but you gotta try :D

I recently had a quote for my MK5 GTi ,to get the bonnet, front bumper wings,colour code the rear bumper and side skirts,they wanted £450.Not the cheapest but the finish on their work is outstanding :)

Ended up not bothering cos going into winter all I need is a gritter to pebbledash my new paint!!!

Going to wait till spring time 8)