Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Distorted wheel

Ok took my 'rado in for its MOT today and (amongst other things) it failed due to one of the wheels being distorted [4.2.1a], ive also got an advisory notice for the other wheels also being damaged. I think, and it looks to be damaged when some idiot replaced the tyres and has damaged the alloy in doing so. There is a section on each alloy (on the inner) that is slighty bent out of shape.

Does anyone know if this can be repaired, if so does anyone know about anywhere in Milton Keynes or local surroundings?

Thanks, Jason

You can get them repaired, but they will never be as perfect as when they left the factory. I have used BJV for some BBS wheels which had some very bad flat spots. They were good enough to get through the MOT and balanced up OK despite still being a little distorted after the refurb.

yes they can be repaired....section of the rim is either heated up then taped back into shape or wheel clamped down and bent using a hydralic press. sorry can't help with who can do it locally.

alternatively swap your wheels round on the car then send it back in for a re test.... just to see if they are really that observant.

Cool thanks for the replies i wasnt looking forward to replacing the whole set >.

alternatively swap your wheels round on the car then send it back in for a re test.... just to see if they are really that observant.

i was tempted in doing this but he spent ages looking at all 4 wheels, and has put down as an advisory that the other 3 are also damaged, but clearly not as bad and it definately looks like a bulge/dent where someone has tried to get the tyres off

J :)