Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

lowering the C slightly... what are ppl's thoughts...

A mild drop of 35mm isn't regarded as 'slamming' :D

Can't comment on the quality of that kit but -35mm is a good place to start!

not sure what quality those would be for that price, but if you lower much more than that the front wishbones will be past the horizontal postition and handling will be adversely affected.

If you just want it low, then add to the above a £25 quid set of JOM lowering front top spring plates and you'll get it down another 10mm or so.

If you trawl though the suspension thread you'll get an idea of what you get for your money.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39334

Has to be said though, cheap suspension is a false economy, you'll end up wanting to ditch it and buying something better.

If you keep your eyes open you can get some good qualty preowned coilovers when people sell their cars or change up. For instance early next year I will be changing my coilovers and will be selling low mileage FK Koingsport coilovers, they retail at approx £620 and i'd be looking at approx £250 far better than cheap poor quality set ups

hmmmm....

these seem a bit cheap for coilovers... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMEX-Coilover-Suspension-Lowering-Kit-VW-Corrado-VR6_W0QQitemZ230389308305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a445db91

sorry for being a bit stupid about this... but this is why i'm asking you guys... because i am naive! :wave:

Its a simple matter of economics Kris...£175 - 15% Vat = £152ish. Divide by 4 = £38 per corner. Thats before you consider sellers profit, manufacturers profit...so we'll call that £30. Divide by 2 for separate springs and dampers...that about £15 per component, not including cost of manufacturing....so you see the actual money for each part is virtually nothing. Given the Rado's naturally good handling I think you'd be trading off handling quality for a height drop.

I'd either save your pennies for a decent kit, wait till someone sells some coillies second hand or buy some lowering caps.

My 2p.

hmmmm....

these seem a bit cheap for coilovers... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMEX-Coilover-Suspension-Lowering-Kit-VW-Corrado-VR6_W0QQitemZ230389308305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a445db91

sorry for being a bit stupid about this... but this is why i'm asking you guys... because i am naive! :wave:

Its a simple matter of economics Kris...£175 - 15% Vat = £152ish. Divide by 4 = £38 per corner. Thats before you consider sellers profit, manufacturers profit...so we'll call that £30. Divide by 2 for separate springs and dampers...that about £15 per component, not including cost of manufacturing....so you see the actual money for each part is virtually nothing. Given the Rado's naturally good handling I think you'd be trading off handling quality for a height drop.

I'd either save your pennies for a decent kit, wait till someone sells some coillies second hand or buy some lowering caps.

My 2p.[/quote:2ad9z98c]

pretty sound advice... it seems patience is the key...

i'll get some more advice from everyone on sunday at stealth... yey, cant wait! :clap:

also a chance to see a range of cars with various setups mate :D

coilies 2nd hand would be good for you as you can adjust height etc....

Kris, I have the Gmax Kit that you have listed here, and you have driven mine so you know how it feels (admittedly with the Poly bushes as well).

Personally I find the ride a bit too harsh for me and wish that I had spend more and got some coilovers (the sort where u can choose how stiff to make the ride as well as the ride height), but this is because I'm an old git! The handling is pretty good on mine yeah? Also, that's the drop I have and I find it is low enough really - especially with my 90mm splitter.

:)

I had those on my car for about 7 years until I put Weitec adjustables on. I found the ride very driveable and the 35mm drop is reasonable. For the price I'd say they are worth it. Shame this didn't come round sooner as I sold them to a mate for £30!!

I only changed mine because I wanted to go lower and have the ability to adjust them. The Weitecs are much stiffer, but thats the price you pay, but as Brucey would say, 'you were right to go lower'! :D :D

Kris, I have the Gmax Kit that you have listed here, and you have driven mine so you know how it feels (admittedly with the Poly bushes as well).

Personally I find the ride a bit too harsh for me and wish that I had spend more and got some coilovers (the sort where u can choose how stiff to make the ride as well as the ride height), but this is because I'm an old git! The handling is pretty good on mine yeah? Also, that's the drop I have and I find it is low enough really - especially with my 90mm splitter.

:)

Mark, mate that may just be the deciding factor for me! i do love the way your car handles... and it is on the perfect ride height!

i'll have another butchers at it on sunday and then make my decision!

i'm really not fussed if the ride is a bit bumpy... if anything i prefer it! feel the road better... and as i said to you at merc benz world, i just want a good stance really... it's on stilts at the mo!

For instance early next year I will be changing my coilovers and will be selling low mileage FK Koingsport coilovers, they retail at approx £620 and i'd be looking at approx £250 far better than cheap poor quality set ups

Hi mate, just read your thread and thought that could be good timing for me to get some new suspension. I'm wondering if I could be a little cheeky in asking if you could give me a shout when you do decide to sell up? Could help us both out with a quick sale. Just a thought.

Many thanks, Matt.