Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

"ABS is on absolute f*ckaries!"

OK, so my ABS has not been working for a while now, and decided to take it to my mechanic to finally get it sorted...

he has looked at the car a while ago during the yeah and said that the rear sensor rings where not even there!

i knew there was an issue with the ABS for a while so i managed to find a cheap ECU and Pump on the forum just in case these had issues... i put these in the boot just in case he needed them...

got a call yesterday with a message left...

"Kris, your ABS is on absolute f*ckaries! give me a call back"

So i call him back, find out that the ABS wiring loom is buggered on the drivers side and VAG computer is showing an ECU fault... ECU replaced, now Pump is showing a fault...

luckily i had both the ECU and the pump... phew...

so i said go ahead and replace the loom and that should be the end of it...

replaced the pump and loom and calls back... "your front passenger side sensor is showing a fault now..."

argh! he said it wasn't showing it before he replaced the pump so there could be a problem with the 2nd hand pump i baught...

but we won't know till i replace one part or another... so i've told him to replace the sinsor... thats another £100 on the bill...

hopefully it's all working after that!

well i just needed to vent...

i should get a call from the doc later today... wish me luck!

That's a bit of a sh*tter...you should be like me, my abs doesn't work and I choose to ignore it. Its a much simpler, stress free solution. :D

That's a bit of a sh*tter...you should be like me, my abs doesn't work and I choose to ignore it. Its a much simpler, stress free solution. :D

I was doing that for the 2 and 1/2 years i had the car till i locked up and almost went into the back of a corsa the other day...

that pukkered up my ahole!

so i decided to send it to Jason...

actually... i'd recomend him to you mate... he's in croydon... Mayday Auto Center just off Addiscombe Road...

I was doing that for the 2 and 1/2 years i had the car till i locked up and almost went into the back of a corsa the other day...

actually... i'd recomend him to you mate... he's in croydon... Mayday Auto Center just off Addiscombe Road...[/quote:z0nydrqg]

I know the one mate, I work on the next road along! That's a bit of a freaky coincidence considering you live in Fleet. :shock:

actually... i'd recomend him to you mate... he's in croydon... Mayday Auto Center just off Addiscombe Road...[/quote:ajs231mw]

I know the one mate, I work on the next road along! That's a bit of a freaky coincidence considering you live in Fleet. :shock:[/quote:ajs231mw]

Yeah, i've always sent my cars to him... the guy is a legend!

if you go past you might see my motor sitting in the car park or the road...

i heard back form him just now... it's all up and running! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to live in Kingswood, which isn't too far from there to get a decent mechanic... but i don't trust anyone else... i will always take it to him...