Sign in to follow this  
andy

MAF 4 pin wiring

Hello,

Can anyone help on how to wire up my new MAF?

The wires are:

blue/red

brown/yellow

brown/blue

red

Cheers

Lisa :)

Blue / red is 12V during cranking and whilst engine is running only.

Brown/Blue and Brown/yellow should be twisted togther from MAF to ECU. B/B is signal. B/Y is signal ground.

Red - I can't remember, pass.

Ask Vince at Stealth, he will know.

I've got one on mine. you're welcome to pop up to Winchester and poke about it if you want, or I can pootle out to the garage in a bit and get the colours for you.

I've got one on mine. you're welcome to pop up to Winchester and poke about it if you want, or I can pootle out to the garage in a bit and get the colours for you.

Top man,

If you can pootle out to your garage that would be great, would love to come and meet you at Winch but really need to get my C on the road!!

Cheers :notworthy:

Top man,

If you can pootle out to your garage that would be great, would love to come and meet you at Winch but really need to get my C on the road!!

Cheers :notworthy:

can have a look when i get in but wont be till about 2030

Cheers,

I am assuming, because my colours appear slightly different that brown/white might be brown/yellow, black/blue might be brown/blue, red/blue ok, red ok.

Thanks again

can have a look when i get in but wont be till about 2030

Cheers,

Desperately trying to get it up and running before we see you tomorrow afternoon.....then you can admire my Blackberry!!

:lol:

Cheers,

I am assuming, because my colours appear slightly different that brown/white might be brown/yellow, black/blue might be brown/blue, red/blue ok, red ok.

Thanks again

Quite possibly. My garage has crap lighting, and the colours may have faded a bit.

Did you get this sorted?

Well I've wired the MAf in OK, according to your description, it all fits and looks good etc, the car idles ok, ie better than before with no MAF. However I'm getting three faults on VAG com relating to fuelling etc and the engine is not running right, its got a certain roughness to it. It still pulls well but has a vibration at lower revs that's uncharacteristic of a VR6.

The codes are 537, 561, 553 and 513, I realise one of them is the engine speed sensor and nothing to worry about, however I'm not really sure where to look next.

Thanks for digging out the colours Toad, very much appreciated! :D

537 - Oxygen Sensor Control

561 - Mixture Adjustment Control

553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor -G70

513 - Engine Speed Sensor - G28 - Idle speed too low, too high or signal malfunction. Might actually be related to the above.

Have you cleared them and checked that they come back?

Yes they keep coming back :(

I think the speed sensor one is just the standard one you get when the engine isn't running isn't it. ie the one Vag com reports as a fault but shouldn't.

Does the lambda cycle as it is supposed to? Any air leaks anywhere? What else does VAGCOM show?

Yes it does cycle, it does nothing up to 70 degrees, then it cycles above and below 1V as expected. I have started a cpmpression test on it, (because of the general uneveness, not the fault codes) and found one cylinder to be low, that could explain the roughness but could it explain any of the codes?

Vagcom doesn't show anything else unusual afaik, there are no air leaks that I know of, I've had everything upto and including the throttlebody off.