Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Urgent part required...need a part number (have photo)

Hi guys,

I've finally put my car back together. Not bought any fuel for it since June and not driven it since September...

I've got my annual roadworthiness on Wednesday and after finishing putting the car back together at 2345hrs we noticed this...

P234901_28-11-09.jpg

Pretty sure its a fail (the screwdriver is there as an pointer)

I'm pretty sure its called a anti roll bar stabiliser link ( :confused4: ) but I need a part number before I go into Volkswagen and order it.

I live in Germany and my German isn't the best and its far easier to go in with a part number. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Cheers.

i think its a connecting link (these lads are right, i looked at g60 for a change)

german = koppstange

dont hold me to it though!

connecting link

try that mate :D

Woop! Woop! Nice one dude. Also thanks to mimjed for the German lingo. Are you Fritz?

As for whats wrong with it, there is a split in the rubber bit/'boot' on the drivers side, so I figure get both done at the same time.

thats not a mot fail then.

Ah...I was told it was :confused4: Think they're a bit of play in them too.

I ordered the parts today - 70 bastard Euros - and they go on the car tomorrow. Hopefully...that'll be it and then I can get back to driving the bloody thing!

no chap im not :hitler:

we use german machines at work so we have a few fritz's at work and a good few visits a year from the supplier. im sure they hate the translating i make them do but they havnt told me to f off yet. generally all ive learned to remember is abusive terms, what more do need at work?

if you need anything translating give me a shout.

The split bush might pass your TUV test, but there seems to be a leak of something or other around the cv/abs sensor ring area. Could it be brake fluid, or grease from a split cv boot? Either of those will be a definite fail.

Best wishes

RB