steveo29

homemade side to side short shifter upgrade

just another question this piece marked here

untitled.JPG[/attachment:5j5z1ota]

is it part of the original mech

:notworthy:

cheers mort

yeah its off a earlier shift tower i had laying around

if you cant find one , id use a stainless m6 bolt the cable fits onto a 6mm shaft thats about 10-11mm long , so if you chose to do it that way use m6 nuts instead and a couple of lock nuts

yh made a few not quite as pretty as yours but im not very good with my stick welder might have to borrow a mates welder, got hold of some m12 bolts just cant get hold of the part of the early shift tower so might have to make some more with m6 nuts.

hah my welding wasnt very pretty mate

just built it up and grinded it smooth ..then a smear of filler

just use the shank of a 6mm bolt as the cable pivot then , with a locknut to make sure its not gona fall off

glad to hear your having a go anyway...everyone winges that theyre naff yet wont make a effort to try and improve it

finished mine on wednesday so glad i did as the plastic part was on its last legs havnt really had chance to drive as having battery problems

cheers for the right up stevo i ended up using a m6 cap head with a 10mm shaft and then a lock nut

mort

Be really interested to see how this turns out Mort. If you have any spare I'd take one off your hands as this is the state of my shift at the moment:

poll...have you seen the verdict motorsports solid bushes ? they help alot for $20

Yeah I looked at them, might ge a set but my problem seems to be the play in the top part of the shifter mechanism itself.