Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

Random Question

I've just smashed my headlight on my 1998 Polo......now I know I can probably just get one from the local scrappers but I was looking at the Eurocarparts and seen a few on there.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the £70 Hella ones and the £30 Astrum ones ??

I know with car parts you generally get what you pay for but this difference seems a lot :cuckoo:

any comments/advise welcome :)

Quality is probably the only difference. I always try and stick to Hella or OE where lighting is concerned :D

Have you asked on a polo forum?

That said, I did put some cheap arse Spanish made water pump I've never heard of in my VR6 last year and that's been great :lol:

in my experience the cheap versions of headlights that GSF etc sell are crap, very poor beam pattern, I'd imagine the ECP ones are much the same.

uhhmm thing is if I were buying for the rado then it would be a different matter......the cars only worth £500 so spending £70 on a headlight seems hard to do although they are quite important items :lol:

Polo forum now thats a good idea for future reference as well :brickwall: :)

thanks for comments guys

Polo forum now thats a good idea for future reference as well :brickwall: :)

Yep, there's even a forum for Polos.....

...and trabants, Allegros etc etc :lol:

off topic but how do you just quote a section from the thread like you've done there kevHaywire ?? :scratch:

If you haven't sussed it yet, here's how.

Use the 'reply with quote' button. Looks a bit like a right arrow at the top right of the post.

off topic but how do you just quote a section from the thread like you've done there kevHaywire ?? :scratch:

Use the 'reply with quote' button. Looks a bit like a right arrow at the top right of the post.

....thanks mate but what I meant was how do you quote a section from a post rather than the whole post ? :confused4:

....thanks mate but what I meant was how do you quote a section from a post rather than the whole post ? :confused4:[/quote:3vyp3lnd]

Do as detailed above, but then get your curser into the bit between the quotes and do some deleting - but be wary of deleting the square brackets and quotes or it all goes wrong.

Do as detailed above, but then get your curser into the bit between the quotes and do some deleting - but be wary of deleting the square brackets and quotes or it all goes wrong.

....like this perhaps......quick trial

.......second trial

edit : I give up

EDIT : Finally :clap: ......thanks lads

Think of the first bit in brackets as turning the function on, then the second turning it off. [word] turns on, [/word] turns off. Same for bold, , Image, , URL,