Sign in to follow this  
Chris Smith

Bumper Removal

Hi Guys,

Need to remove the bumper off my Corrado. I'm having it resprayed.

I've heard it's just 2 bolts, is that right? Is it an easy job? Anything I need to look out for before diving in?

two bolts either side. straight forward job as the go. wd40 can be of use.

dont drive your car with the front bumper off.

Front bumper?

If it's the front then it's 2 bolts each side but the brake cooling duct needs to be removed on one side if fitted and then the 5 splitter bolts and the connections for the fogs and indicators.

Always support the engine with either a brace or a jack and some wood under the sump.

Cheers guys!

Yeah it's the front bumper.

I reckon I'll tackle it tomorrow. Why is there a need to support the engine? Does it connect to the bumper somehow?

hello friends, hi got a 1994 corrado vr6, it had a g60 early bumper on there. so i decided to remove it and fit a later corrado vr6 bumper. iv got a few issues fitting the vr6 bumper, first of all can somebody tell me. does the front valence sit in the bumper where there is a insert just behind and under the plastic guard or does the valance sit above it insert and sit above in line of the grill. i dont understand, if i remove the front plactic guard the bumper sits flush but when fitted it dont allow me to fit the bumper correctly, so to be confusing, at the moment it feels like something near the rad on drivers side not allowing the bumper to sit correctly on drivers side but passenger is sitting fine, if i have the plastic grill gaurd fitted it stops the bumper from moving more back towards the car, im i doing sumting wrong when fitting this bumper. i really wana know how does the front rad valence sit when sliiping the bumper on and making contact with bumper. please help if you get me

Cheers guys!

Yeah it's the front bumper.

I reckon I'll tackle it tomorrow. Why is there a need to support the engine? Does it connect to the bumper somehow?

its part of the front engine mounting, hence the no driving without it on.... so supporting is indeed a good idea.

manps - sounds like the (iron) bracket may be bent on your bumper. if you still have the old bumper maybe you can compare them

mimjed, i compared the iron it seems fine, i even used the old iron, still no luck, you know the front valence with is the metal plate that come towards you, it supports the rad at the bottom, should the bumper sit in between that or above, if i slip it between the bumper, the lower grill wont fit, i really need a pic of someones bumper with the lower grill moved, so i can get a good look where the valence should be sitting, if any1 can help, much appreciated

sadly the most useful pics i have;

corrado5-1.jpg

corrado8.jpg

all i have ever done with any front bumper is shove the irons in the holes (pic 2) and make sure the plastic rails inside the bumper slide on correctly near the wing. maybe you can highlight where the prob is to help get an answer

hello mimjed, if you look at pic 1, you see the bottom. there is a metal lip that is coming out towards you in black, its to hold the reinformcent bracket and spolier together. that lip, how should that sit with the bumper on, should it go in between the bumper guard or above,

Guys, where are these 2 bolts either side?! :confused4:

They screw vertically up into captive nuts in the box beam each side of the bay. There's one each side of the smaller centre bolt which locates/attaches each end of the cross beam. If the centre bolts are in any way suspect, as recomended above, support your engine/gearbox.

Best of luck!