Sign in to follow this  
Jay16valver

et34 with 16x8 help please!!!!

Hi all

Im looking at getting some Rota Lightweight slipstream wheels they weight about 5-6kg each!!!! for my raddo, i was just wondering if the offset of et34 be ok with the 8 inch width or would they rub the arches to bits, i have coilovers fitted so i can adjust the ride any time but i would still like it to sit quite low but without any serious rubbing!!!!!. any help would be greatfull as i dont want to go out and spent £1000 on wheels and tyres and they dont fit very good.

Thanks Jay

I've bought a set of these for mine, but in 17x7.5 et40. Mine foul my coilovers so i'm having to space them out to stop this. I would've thought that once they're out a bit they'll be fine. I'll be running around et20 or 25. So would make up for the extra inch of width on yours and probs sit similar but still got to test it out. So will report back when i've done it! :)

However matey where are you looking at for that price? Thats a seriously large wedge of cash... Mine cost me a hell of a lot less than that.

thanks for the reply, ive seen them on rarerims.com for £462 but i want to put some decent toyo t1-r tyres on which i have seen for around £80 each for the 205/45/16 or £70 each for the 215/40/16 tyres.

thanks for the reply, ive seen them on rarerims.com for £462 but i want to put some decent toyo t1-r tyres on which i have seen for around £80 each for the 205/45/16 or £70 each for the 215/40/16 tyres.

Go for 205/40 or 45..i wouldnt bother with the 215s personally. They should fit perfectly, if worst comes to worst ull need 5 mm spacers all round but even then i doubt it! They're a very nice oem looking wheel! Get some pics up once its done!

Abdul

thanks abdul i wil take ur advice and get the wheels ordered, 5mm spacers arent the end of the world if i need them!!! and tbh i like the poked stance rather than the tucked look any way lol, the plans for the wheels are to get the lips/dishes polished and get the centers powder coated/painted the same colour bordeaux/dark burgundy my corrado is.

thanks again for your advice

Id keep the anthracite/black centres for a while then wen u get bored go colour coded!! The black and and dark red will work very well! If u want pokey stance, u want 15mm spacers up front and 20 out back, at least that way they can be hubcentric... even then they'll probably sit just past flush so all is good!! Oh and seriously, 205/40 willl look nice while riding well too!

thanks for the tips abdul, i will fit them and see what the look like all black and go from there, i will post some pics when i have them fitted :D

Abdul speaks sense on the tyres bit, 205/40's would be far better. Thats what i've got on my 17's. But as i say if i get them on before you buy them i will get a pic up showing you how they sit. :)

yea i will prob go for the 205 but i wasnt sure to go for the 40 or the 45 profile as my 17s at the mo are 205/40 and as i have ap coilovers fitted the rides quite hard and i fort the 45 profile would give me some comfort back whilst still being able to corner very well :D