Sign in to follow this  
lil b

no start .. no lights.. no nothing?

i need some advice or if anyone else has experianced this...

i tried to start my 8v this morning as i turned the key... nothing no lights no splutter i dont even think the fule pump primed !!!

i fitted a new battery (vartar) just before xmas and was driving it on a regular basis and done about 200 miles in it untill the weather turned bad ... has anyone else experianced this ?? coukld it just be the electrics not likeing the intense cold??? :(

thanks

bexs :(

Check your battery terminals are tight - in fact, uncouple the battery, grease the terminals with something like 'coppaslip' available from any car parts place. Then reconnect the battery.

It's also possible that the battery is just flat if something's been left on in the car - interior light or something.

check battery voltage, although its a new battery, the cold could of made the battery voltage low, failing that, check and clean connections,earth an pos, on the terminals, and the main earth to body!i have an 8v but have experianced this, have you tryed jump starting it,?

Right thanks!

To be honest I tried to start it and just got fucked off with the cold, I will undo the battery and re grease the terminals + check the earth (as this was not done when I swapped it, and it looked dry!)

If this does not work where else can I check?

Cheers :notworthy:

lil b

Unlikely (but not impossible) to be battery if it was fitted new at christmas and driven since. Check earth connection by using a jump start cable one end to battery negative and the other end to good earth point, inlet manifold gearbox casing etc.

/\/\/\

yeah but the cold is killing batteries.

I have had a relatively new one die in the cold.Serves me right for not buying a heavy duty one.

Sounds like a flat battery to me.