Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Just crashed the VR6 :(

Some cun t didnt pull out ... i could have pulled out and reversed 10 fuc kin times in the amount of time he had!! smiley-angry021.gif ... I was lookin at the gap instead of infront of me, put my foot down to pull out smiley-shocked013.gif ... and he hadnt moved .. classic case.

Front bumper cracked and pushed back ... bonnet bent and chipped, grille, headlights and fogs obliterated, radiator pushed back ...

Too dark to see any other damage, could very well be posting a fair bit in the parts wanted section soon!!! smiley-angry003.gif

Bummer dude. Lost count of the amount of times I've had to slam on the brakes when some numpty refuses to pull out into a massive gap.

Hope its not too much damage. :brickwall:

did that when I was 18 in my much loved audi 80 but at a round-about :( always legally the fault of the guy behind but we know who's really to blame 8)

always legally the fault of the guy behind but we know who's really to blame 8)

Yeah. You. :cuckoo:

agree with psiburr on this one smiley-taunt010.gif

Congratulations. Good luck explaining it to your insurance company.

Come on guys, no need to argue.

Monkey - Yeah sure he'll get the blame, but you know how it is when morons start to pull out when they see a huge gap, then decide to stop. Its an unfortunate situation :(

Hope things get sorted.

Yeah. You. :cuckoo:

agree with psiburr on this one smiley-taunt010.gif

Congratulations. Good luck explaining it to your insurance company.

no.... I said legally we're at fault. Easy to imagine being behind someone at a junction and the road is clear, you both check, the car in front starts to pull away and as you follow them you look once more to the right and then the car in front brakes and stops for no reason. :shrug:

ok

dont mind MonkeyVR6, hes a copper... And a German military one at that. :wink:

always the letter of the law. Mind you, if his driving on Forza is anything to go by id revoke his license! :tongue:

as for the accident i feel your pain. Its happend to me a before. Old lady started to pull off so i move forward and look right.. then :splat:

she only pulled forward 2 feet! silly woman. But theres nothing you can do in those situations. Did the person you hit have much damage?

ok

dont mind MonkeyVR6, hes a copper...

Really? I'd never have guessed :lol:

I had a bump in this situation a few years ago, fortunately I was going slow enough that there was no damage to either car and the guy I hit took responsibility for hesitating, and that was the end of that. You live and learn though, next time I'm sure you'll check the car in front! :)

@UseOnceDestroy

Not sure where you are in Dorset but if you're near Poole/Bournemouth I can recommend Gary Francis at Insignia Coachworks (Poole) for repairs. He's independant, high quality but great value.

01202-716808

sorry to hear this mate,

but on a plus note i have everything you need apart from the fogs to repair the car,

yep ive done this as well :( lucky for me the geezer in front never got out ,then drove away!.it was first thing in the mornin so he was either over the limit or had no insurance,why else would you just drive off?

I wrote my works Kangoo van off doing the same thing... Pulling out a slip road onto the A3 and the divvy woman in her Merc didnt pull out into a gap about 1/4 mile long. The gap was so big in the traffic that the van behind me thought he could pull out aswell and smashed my back doors in!! (ooh er)

In total I think I've nudged cars in the same same situation 5 or 6 times.... I need to learn to look where I'm going!

If it wasn't for my girlfriend shouting "LEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" ... I think it could've all been a little worse!!

Thankfully, the damage isn't as bad as first thought ... The radiator is intact, the darkness and the road rage tainted my view smiley-ashamed004.gif Gonna assess the damage tomorrow, gonna take it to a local body shop but corozin, thanks for that contact number getsmiley.php?show=481, I'll give him a ring too to get a quote, much appreciated. I'm from Christchurch, where abouts in Bournemouth you from? You part of Tidy VAG?

I'm gonna treat myself to In-pro headlights and fogs, don't see any point in replacing the damaged ones with stock, millerman is gonna send me the company name from where he got his, if anyone knows of any second hand or the best site to get em from, I'd be most gratefull. getsmiley.php?show=500

Gotta love it! If that same *c unt* was the guy that went into the back of you as you were checking your engine temp readout at a junction (for example!), everyone would be on here cursing how stupid he was for not reading the situation in front of him!!

As you say though, a good opportunity to make some changes and legitimise the expense to the misses!

Gotta love it! If that same *c unt* was the guy that went into the back of you as you were checking your engine temp readout at a junction (for example!), everyone would be on here cursing how stupid he was for not reading the situation in front of him!!

As you say though, a good opportunity to make some changes and legitimise the expense to the misses!

Good point. But checking the engine temp on the dash, would be done stationary and wouldnt involve moving out of the junction then suddenly stopping.

I was lookin at the gap instead of infront of me, put my foot down to pull out smiley-shocked013.gif ... and he hadnt moved .. classic case.

Think that's what did happen? My bad if not.

I was lookin at the gap instead of infront of me, put my foot down to pull out smiley-shocked013.gif ... and he hadnt moved .. classic case.

Think that's what did happen? My bad if not.

Sorry you meant the car behind checking dash or whatever not the car infront didnt you. my bad.... :D

Good point. But checking the engine temp on the dash, would be done stationary and wouldnt involve moving out of the junction then suddenly stopping.

Think you got it right here mate, its the initial go and then the hesitation that fucks it ... Good point though greasegriff, if he was fully stationary anyway ... not sure what he was doing, but checkin his engine temp in his vauxhall astra in these freezing conditions is highly unlikely!! :shrug:

did thbe exact same in my series 1 rs turbo approcaed juntion road clear both started to move forward i checked the road again he stopped no reason straight into the back of hi, approx 2mph.....s1 rst vs audi est.....bonnet headlights bumper radioator number plate , audi= 1 scratch no daamage..........