johanson12

G60 Won't Rev . Idles Ok

got a G60 that sometimes decides that it doesnt wont to rev, it will only rev at full throttle nothing inbetween, Send the idle a little lump too.

When i unplug a sensor at the back of the throttle body it revs ok but the idle increases, whats this sensor supposed to do?

Any help appriciated :confused4:

Hi buddy, Could be any number of things.

Firstly ensure air is getting in - throttle body check etc.

Ensure fuel is getting in - Injector check, fuel pressure check,

Good spark?

Ignition timing and static timing.

If all ok - move on to other things like sensors etc.

When i unplug a sensor at the back of the throttle body it revs ok but the idle increases, whats this sensor supposed to do?

When you say sensor are you sure you are not unplugging the the switches that are operated by cams on the throttle butterfly? there is one microswitch which opperates when the throttle is completely closed for the idle circuit & there is another microswitch operates on full throttle & richens the mixture slghtly. If its that plug then I would expect the idle to change like you say. If engine then revs ok I would check wiring to switches & with engine off operate the throttle butterfly by hand & listen for the click of the microswitches to make sure they are operating.

Yeah they seem to be working good, and i was talking about the micro switches 8)

Do the g60s not have a throttle position sensor or something that tells them where the throtle is???

The vac hose to the ecu is all good, the blue temp sensor works fine, cannot find a vac leak?

Any more ideas guys?

Hi buddy, Could be any number of things.

Firstly ensure air is getting in - throttle body check etc.

Ensure fuel is getting in - Injector check, fuel pressure check,

Good spark?

Ignition timing and static timing.

If all ok - move on to other things like sensors etc.

For the timing, fuel, air and spark surely it would be consistantly ill? As its an intermitant thing, 1 minute its fine another it can be poorly for a hour, then good for 5 hours :shrug:

I would check the condition of the wiring going to the switches on the TB.......they can be broken inside and the cover still intact

Do the g60s not have a throttle position sensor or something that tells them where the throtle is???

Any more ideas guys?

Aye, very basic setup, the microswitches you unplugged consist of:

Idle switch and full throttle (wot) switch.

Id guess that there is a problem with your idle switch (Lower of the two), it's probably stuck in the 'on' position causing the car to stay on idle map, unless full throttle as then the other microswitches map (wot) takes over allowing it to rev.

It won't be the full throttle switch, as if they stick on, the car will still rev/run fine although overfuel a little at idle and have slight lumpyness.

Best to test resistance on the lower idle switch when not clicked and when clicked, to see if it changes.

It could of course be the wiring as mentioned, it can break, and can also split where it's held in the throttle body.

Neil.

They do pop up on the forum now and again...I had two sets not long back but both sold now im afraid.

Worth trying some though...If you need to make it driveable, you could try popping a small cable tie around the full throttle switch...But just make sure there is no black smoke belching out, and that the cable tie dosn't hinder the movement of the throttle arm/cable.

I used to have to drive around with mine cable tied with a problem i was having.

Neil.

Hi , i currently have the same problem with my g60 but it runs

fine until it warms up as soon as it reaches temp it wont rev

just on full throttle, it idles fine tho

Any help will be much appreciated

Paul