Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

went through a large puddle - Now fixed! JOY!

right so it was dark, and saw it way too late went through a huge puddle quite fast and not the car is juddering like anything...

checking the air filter and that seems fine, still need to check the disti cap and WD40 it up. Checked the oil and it looks like some has got in there (can that happen?!). will have to replace the oil

what else do i need to check? i'll be working on it over the weekend...

Millerman, you free this weekend? i'll probly replace the inlet mani this weekend too... got a polished one floating around...

right so it was dark, and saw it way too late went through a huge puddle quite fast and not the car is juddering like anything...

checking the air filter and that seems fine, still need to check the disti cap and WD40 it up. Checked the oil and it looks like some has got in there (can that happen?!). will have to replace the oil

what else do i need to check? i'll be working on it over the weekend...

Millerman, you free this weekend? i'll probly replace the inlet mani this weekend too... got a polished one floating around...

HA HA!

:tongue:

Edit: (in the voice of Nelson from the simpsons...)

im not guna say this is right but couldnt it have been sucked up your intake?

my mate did this last year and nearly killed use and the car :lol:

i think it turned out to be a wiring problem, hes on here so he might say

ahhh dude, you know its said in love! :notworthy:

anyway... while youve been writing that ive been writting you this...

go get some wet start from halfords if you can, dont use WD40, it will just float about on top of the water...

then remove the leads and plugs and check that the plugs are dry!!! last thing you want to do is run your car with water in the pistons as water does not compress.

As for the oil how do you know you have water in it? do you get a milky residue on the dip stick? what colour is the oil? If you water in the oil id check the puddle didn't cause a crack in the block or something, otherwise it may point to a more serious problem that you haven't noticed until now... :pale:

anywho, after the plugs are ok put them bk in and take your air filter out and dry it, and with the filter removed (and air box) run the engine... if you get any white foamy crap shoot out then stop the car quick and let it rest in a warm garage over night... and call the repair man :(

if however it looks good and there's no milky shit coming out, pop it in the garage over night and take the plugs, leads caps and coil (if you can be bothered) with you into the house and put them some where warm for a few hours. then put them back on and spary them all with wet start.

If that doesn't cure it not much will

ahhh dude, you know its said in love! :notworthy:

anyway... while youve been writing that ive been writting you this...

go get some wet start from halfords if you can, dont use WD40, it will just float about on top of the water...

then remove the leads and plugs and check that the plugs are dry!!! last thing you want to do is run your car with water in the pistons as water does not compress.

As for the oil how do you know you have water in it? do you get a milky residue on the dip stick? what colour is the oil? If you water in the oil id check the puddle didn't cause a crack in the block or something, otherwise it may point to a more serious problem that you haven't noticed until now... :pale:

anywho, after the plugs are ok put them bk in and take your air filter out and dry it, and with the filter removed (and air box) run the engine... if you get any white foamy crap shoot out then stop the car quick and let it rest with in a warm garage over night... and call the garage :(

had some creamy residue on the oil cap... that was on sunday morning... checked it again thismorning after using the car yesterday to see how it ran and it had gone...

had taken the filter out and got no foamy crap...

will clean out the sparks and jazz over the weekend... will let the car rest and dry till then...

will give that wet start stuff a go too...

did the filter look like it had "streaks" in it or water marks?

is it still missfiring? take one of the leads off at a time to see which plug is missing.

do you have a boost pressure meter? might be useful to see if you have lost a seal, piston ring ect which may have been caused by water in the chamber. About £5 from Halfords.

TBH dude, if you started her up a few times now over two days in a row and there is no obvious oil leaks, no more milky residue (although you need to check the dip stick not the cap... Should get BLACK all the way down the sump, any frothy browny white and its bad news) and no other symptoms other than the misfiring id assume its the ignition circuit. the wet start is fab, just spray it everywhere. Im sure it will all turn out right :salute:

take the HT leads off, spray them with WD40 and plug them back on. mine did something similar, did that and it was fine. something to try anyway

thanx everyone... i will try all of the above and keep yall informed...

corrado forum to the rescue as always!!

Miller, no more PC world, so if we do my mani this weekend, then start on ur cams next weekend... that coolio?

im not guna say this is right but couldnt it have been sucked up your intake?

my mate did this last year and nearly killed use and the car :lol:

i think it turned out to be a wiring problem, hes on here so he might say

haha we jumped most of the puddle, I shit my pants and the car shit the bed, my car wouldn't go for days after, I thought ied killed it,

undo ya dizzy cap if ya got one, pull all the leads to ya plugs and leave it to dry out, mine was fine after a fewdays, get your lasses or ya mams hairdryer and give it a helping hand, On ya first drive take it easy and go give it a good long drive kinda like ya bedding a new engine in. chances of suckin water into the engine would be pretty difficult unless ya feet were also getting wet, Did ya manage to get puddles in your strut tops, cracked me up wen I saw I did.

Did ya manage to get puddles in your strut tops, cracked me up wen I saw I did.

not that i can see... had a chat with alex and swift lastnight about it... we're pretty sure it's just water in the disti cap or at worse the sparks... will check it out this weekend...

Millers workshop here reporting for duty

oh my what have you done numpty boy

I'm sure we can have a wee look mate :D

Funny you should mention Millers Workshop.... :wave:

Did the same last year,took off dist at side of road,broke off carbon tip,2 hour AA wait then lifted to garage.

But the really annoying thing was the bl**dy fiat chiqechento(cant spell it obviously)behind me sailed through the water no worries :mad2:

Just pray you haven't taken some water into the engine and "hydraulicked" it. Could the water have got near the actual air inlet?

Hydraulicking often results in 1 or more bent rods which do cause juddering. As far as I know the quickest way to check for this is to drop the sump, for a visual. Clearly there are easier things to check first!

Hydraulicking won't necessarily allow a significant amount of water into your oil system as it would need to get past the rings. [Though instantaneous V high pressures are involved] It won't pressurise valve seals as the open valve relieves pressure.

not yeah... havent been at home during the day just yet...

i moved the car back a bit in the drive and it seems ok... as in it started fine, idling perfectly... no juddering when i moved...

so i don't think it's serious... but having a thoro check over it this weekend...

Just pray you haven't taken some water into the engine and "hydraulicked" it. Could the water have got near the actual air inlet?

Hydraulicking often results in 1 or more bent rods which do cause juddering. As far as I know the quickest way to check for this is to drop the sump, for a visual. Clearly there are easier things to check first!

Hydraulicking won't necessarily allow a significant amount of water into your oil system as it would need to get past the rings. [Though instantaneous V high pressures are involved] It won't pressurise valve seals as the open valve relieves pressure.

i had checked the air inlet the other day and it seemed dry...

checked the oil again on tuesday and the creamyness had gone, oil is very clean... so it might not be too serious after all... thankfully...

i think you should come here :D

that way if we're not quite done, it don't matter and i can leave the car in the garage...

also, what will i need? i'm going to order some bits from the stealer tomorrow...

should i get that thing that was leaking oil..? forgot what you said it was called...

i know i'll need gaskets for the inlet mani... does anyone have part numbers?

not gonna have a chance to help you change the inlet mani this weekend only got a few hours on sat and i need to replace the rubbers on my rear calipers

i might pop over on sat if i get a chance to see how your getting on or are you working on sat ??

sunday is a no go got rugby and then family sh1t in the afternoon :( thats it the weekend is gone :(

not gonna have a chance to help you change the inlet mani this weekend only got a few hours on sat and i need to replace the rubbers on my rear calipers

i might pop over on sat if i get a chance to see how your getting on or are you working on sat ??

sunday is a no go got rugby and then family s**t in the afternoon :( thats it the weekend is gone :(

the mani isn't priority... just wanna make sure she's runnign good... take the sparks and leads out and make sure all is good... but yeah, pop round... i'm not working on sat... :)