Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Autoglem / scotch guard..

just bought a new audi. and the dealer is trying to flog autoglem / scotch guard protection for the seats / windows / bodywork for an extra £295.... I'm guessing is what i could do my self with autoglem products and my polisher for the body work ???? anybody got any experience... is it worth scotch guarding the seats ?? half leather and alcantara

it is a total waste of money i used to work at a bmw delership and they used to empty a bit out of each bottel spray a bit of the scotch gard stuff about then send it on its way. most of the stuff got sold on ebay they had boxes of the stuff in a room out back. scotch guard/diamond bright its all the same crap and even when put on it only lasts about 4 weeks dont know how they get away with it. :mad2:

:epicfail:

just £ 295 ... dealership offered me it today on a LR disco 3, sure he said it was an extra £395 or £495, I cant quite remember I was so shocked :shock:

£295?? :lol: i use to have to apply this for a local main dealer where i was working, i also know that the kit comes in three stages and costs the dealerships £45!! so, NO, its really not worth it at all, our local prestige car dealer charges £495, for supaguard, same sort of thing, but they only last up to 4 months,and depending on what car shampoo you use,it could strip it all of anyhow :(