Sign in to follow this  
carrots

power rohr

cant imagine be any different like i say a mk2 16v runs a kr engine same as early 16v corrado's was later corrado that had 2.0 9a engine could well be slightly different and wont fit 9a engine but kr engine weather its in a corrado or a mk2 or anything all the same

ive just looked at some engine bay pics of a 16v mk2 golf.looks like the golf induction pipe is round where it fits the injection system the corrado is oval

ive just looked at some engine bay pics of a 16v mk2 golf.looks like the golf induction pipe is round where it fits the injection system the corrado is oval

Yeah thats the main difference. I think the Corrado boot is the same diameter as the Golf one, so you may get it to fit, but otherwise you'll need to get the Golf boot as well.

I think the Corrado pipe is oval to clear the lower bonnet - not sure whether the round pipe would rub or not.

make sure which ever one you get has the right take off underneath for the overrun cut off valve (IIRC)

I've got a sneaky feeling the golf 16v had two types of pipe (early and late?) and one doesn't fit the corrado.

ive just bought 1 off ebay,can only see 1 pipe in the picture.if i cant get it to fit i will put it back on ebay

I keep seeing posts pop up about these, What do they actually do??

they are shiny :)

I had a feeling that was the purpose!!!

make sure which ever one you get has the right take off underneath for the overrun cut off valve (IIRC)

I've got a sneaky feeling the golf 16v had two types of pipe (early and late?) and one doesn't fit the corrado.

That's exactly right, Golf has 1 take off Rado has 2, That's the only difference

I personally think power rohr's get a lot of stick, they look nice, sound nice, and even if they only make 1bhp then it's still the same value as a lot of other mods, plastic is for fisher price toys, it has no place in an engine bay :)

ive got one off my old mk2 on my rado,altough both were of a similar age, didnt notice any differences fitting, boiing water on the rubber helps as the power rohr is slighty larger circumference, bonnet closes fine,

it appears the Corrado one is Corrado specific (027 133 373K)

golfs have 3 codes 027 133 373 D, F and Q

the early part 'D' is the early single take off pipe one (up to 1988) and the others (89-92) are round but similar fitment to the Corrado.

ive got a mate that welds stainless so if i need another pipe fitting to it i will go and see him.the bend of the main bit should be ok i think

how many pipes did you have coming off it,the power rohr i have bought only looks like its got 1 in the pic

mine only has one, but like i said both my mk2 and rado are of a similar age, so differences could have occured after, or a previous owner of my corrado could have swapped to mk2 parts for some odd reason. doubt it very much tho seemed to prefer messing with the wireing and addin as many useless electronic add ons possible, i near enuff filled a bin liner with wiring left dormant from sound systems, numerous alarms, door poppers, push button start etc, all done realy slopply, ive still not got all my dash functions running standard or running at all yet, need to get all new dash looms pretty much.haha

had one fitted to a 1988 mk2 16v along with a magnex stainless system and managed 150bhp on RR between exhaust and power rohr and drilled air box gained 11bhp over standard 139bhp....so gains aint massive but looks nicer and will give smoother air intake over standard item...and very slightly more induction noise if you drill air box as well...either way a neat mod to add to engine bay