Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Suspension????

or wait a couple of weeks until i have my virtually brand new weitec tx's for sale, £400 is the asking price.

I'm in the same boat as you dude, I really really want it now, but just about everyone says to go for the KW's, and I just don't want to regret not getting them to save money short term. I say save moar and get the KW's :D :D

or wait a couple of weeks until i have my virtually brand new weitec tx's for sale, £400 is the asking price.

Thats not fair I've only got half that right now and wont be able to get the rest that quick :(

Half now and two payment of £100 a month for 2 months sound good :lol: maybe a forum sticker or two 8)

:epicfail:

KADVR6, wont yours be for a VR?

certainly for the KW's they are the same. you can specify different spring rates when you buy the shockers new (which is a good idea anyway, as even with the vr you should go for the softer front springs for better turn-in; IMO of course), but that's about it.

IMO KW's are the way to go - i had a set of V3's and was very happy with them, despite the fact i never even got round to getting them set up properly!

i' unsure about other manufacturers and whether their shockers are different between the different models of corrado; but i would hazard a guess that they're not different...

I think I will have to have a chat with the DG boys when I'm up the next, as they deal with KW's and weitec

Come on guys kw's this kw's that, Its like should i buy addidas or puma? Yeh alright lets be like sheep! Its down to how good you can drive your corrado in my book! Well it was for me when i choose my weitecs! You can chuck shit loads of cash at you suspension set up, but if you cant drive its a waste of cash. I happen to know i can drive so i saved some cash :norty:

Come on guys kw's this kw's that, Its like should i buy addidas or puma? Yeh alright lets be like sheep! Its down to how good you can drive your corrado in my book! Well it was for me when i choose my weitecs! You can chuck **** loads of cash at you suspension set up, but if you cant drive its a waste of cash. I happen to know i can drive so i saved some cash :norty:

I wouldnt say its been a sheep as people (myself included) buy them for being good quality and they ride brilliantly. Now if it was purely for looks you could argue people are being sheep. If its about how good you can drive your corrado, imo the KWs are perfect for this.

Not sayin the Weitecs arent any good for this, as ive never owned them.

Come on guys kw's this kw's that, Its like should i buy addidas or puma? Yeh alright lets be like sheep! Its down to how good you can drive your corrado in my book! Well it was for me when i choose my weitecs! You can chuck **** loads of cash at you suspension set up, but if you cant drive its a waste of cash. I happen to know i can drive so i saved some cash :norty:

also for the record - Weitec are actually a (cheaper) subsidiary company of KW (afaik). check out the similarities in the shocks and particularly the adjustable plastic spring seats between your weitecs and the kw's i had on my car.

you may pay more for the kw's, but seeing as they apparently come from the same company - that would suggest that you're paying more for a reason...

also for the record (and in my humble opinion obviously) - driving is a bit like sex; we all think we're awesome at it until someone comes along and tells us the ugly truth that we aren't, at which point the ego deflates somewhat!!!

also think of this so you buy a set of shocks that you can adjust not only the ride height but the dampening and rebound would you know how to and why ?

not too many would !

also for the record - Weitec are actually a (cheaper) subsidiary company of KW (afaik). check out the similarities in the shocks and particularly the adjustable plastic spring seats between your weitecs and the kw's i had on my car.

you may pay more for the kw's, but seeing as they apparently come from the same company - that would suggest that you're paying more for a reason...

also for the record (and in my humble opinion obviously) - driving is a bit like sex; we all think we're awesome at it until someone comes along and tells us the ugly truth that we aren't, at which point the ego deflates somewhat!!!

Yes i do belive the KWs are the better of the two, and i dont want to get into a long winded bitchin thread about it, i was just giving my opinion that there is other suspension out there to consider for a budget!!! Most of you wont even get close to the full potential of your KWs anyway on the road :brickwall:

Its not just about how they drive though, it's about ride comfort and also build quality/how long they last, but I can understand what vagman is getting at.

I've just done my suspension on my van, I don't care how low it looks or particularly how fast it goes around corners, I wanted to improve the ride quality and I also needed something that could cope with the conditions I put the van through (I drive it on beaches etc and live in a coastal area so don't want them seizing within 6 months due to sand/salt) so I went for KW's. Im keeping the van long term, it carries a lot of weight, it does a lot of miles so I wanted the best I could get for it.

I'll be doing my Corrado at some point, and when I do having thought about it I expect I'll go for a Weitec kit. I'm no boy racer, I just want a 40mm drop to make it look and handle a bit better than standard, I won't be playing with dampening or ride height, upping the power or doing track days, or even ragging the thing around local roads so spending £1000+ on suspension would be a waste of money for me, when the Wietec kit is £300 (or whatever)

It depends on what you want from the car IMO :)

I can also understand vagman's point regarding the 'sheep' thing - there are many instances where one person starts saying 'X' is the thing to go for, and before long the whole internet is saying anything other than 'X' is schitt whether they've tried 'X' and the alternatives or not - it happens with tuning companies as well as products, which then means that anyone with bad experience of the company/product can't be arsed to post about it because they know they'll just be chastised for daring to speak out against one of the chosen few. It gets to a point where certain companies can do what they like to customers because they know that if the customer dares to speak up about it they'll be shot down in flames by the hordes of fanboys trying to gain kudos :lol:

This is where I think we're lucky with this forum in that there are a few people who have actually tried and tested a good range of products on the market so are actually in a position to give proper comparisons from first hand experience (love or hate him, Mr Haywire is a prime example of this) Believe me, this is a rare and valuable asset to this forum. Trying to separate the decent (first hand, experienced and solid) information from the standard internet forum "get this, its the best even though I've not tried it or any of the alternatives" is bloody hard on other forums for different marques, sometimes impossible!

This is where I think we're lucky with this forum in that there are a few people who have actually tried and tested a good range of products on the market so are actually in a position to give proper comparisons from first hand experience (love or hate him, Mr Haywire is a prime example of this) Believe me, this is a rare and valuable asset to this forum. Trying to separate the decent (first hand, experienced and solid) information from the standard internet forum "get this, its the best even though I've not tried it or any of the alternatives" is bloody hard on other forums for different marques, sometimes impossible!

The above is my very reason for getting them as they came recommended by those who had owned them.

I agree he has a point but i dont think it happens on this forum too much.. unlike somewhere like ED38, where if something LOOKS GOOD, it gets raped - 'wheel whore' stickers spring to mind. Where as with something like the KWs they are popular because they perform well and are worth the £££s. You wouldnt buy a different suspension knowing they're not as good, for the sake of being different would you?

Do 'wheel whores' stickers look good though? Or do they make you look like a prize pr1ck? YOU decide! :lol:

You're right though, I was pointed towards a thread recently about Corrados where there was people giving advice about whether G60s are better than VR6s even though they've never actually driven either let alone owned one! :shrug: :lol:

Do 'wheel whores' stickers look good though? Or do they make you look like a prize pr1ck? YOU decide! :lol:

You're right though, I was pointed towards a thread recently about Corrados where there was people giving advice about whether G60s are better than VR6s even though they've never actually driven either let alone owned one! :shrug: :lol:

PRIZE PR!CK without a doubt! Of course you have to be 'SCENE.. INIT' to qualify for having one :lol: