Sign in to follow this  
culshaw

Collapsed sill...

Just got a report my cars MOT and it's reported back at having a collapsed sill so will either need a bodyshop to fix or a replacement sill, does anyone have a clue of how much this sort of thing would cost bit bewildered by it at the moment! :gag: :shrug:

Thanks

Ian

depends on the quality.. if you get it smoothed in, painted etc..

and if you can get a replacement sill,

cutting out the old sill and replacing it would take afew hours labour so ig you got it done and stone chipped over id imagine around the £150 quid mark..

autowelding shop would be your best bet if you have one local or a bodyshop, they should be happy to quote you..

i wouldnt get it welded by a garage or MOT garage as although the area will be solid and pass MOT the quality is very poor so for the extra few quid id pay the bodyshop a visit.. much better quality and will last alot longer.. 8)

Yea i've got no question about sending it to a bodyshop, but i reckon the problem will be sourcing the part, i'll stick a wanted up but does anyone know of where to get one from?

local motor factors may be able to get you one from hadrian panels or a company like them, but i dont think its a common part but your bodyshop should be able to locate one and if not use a sheet metal bender and panel beating tools to make you one up out of sheet steel..