Sign in to follow this  
greasegriff

How Much For A Bonnet Respray?

My cars in the garage at the moment having a little car-park scrape resprayed (on third parties insurance) and asked about getting the bonnet done at the same time.

Does £350 (incl. VAT) sound like a lot? Sounds steep to me but overheard them chatting and think it's because they've got plenty of work on and can't really be arsed to do it.

What do people think? Would like to get it done but not at silly prices.

Just been quoted £150 for a Golf Mk2 roof front roof pillars and to repair slight rust and paint the scuttle. Your quote seems a bit steep.

i can pretty much get most of the car painted for that price. lol 8)

you should be offering your services then!

i can pretty much get most of the car painted for that price. lol 8)

you should be offering your services then!

i wish i could but .....just have alot of friends who owe me favors. :)

Slight thread hi-jack, what would be the going rate to get someone to do both bumpers and that panel just below the boot lid? I would need the prep work and the paint done? No smoothing or anything...just a ball park figure?

£100 a panel is always a good good guide price for a good quality cash job...

£200 for just the top of the bonnet I'd say is top whack, if the paint is already paid for etc and it's cash then I would say £130 tops - it's a bolt on part so hardly any prep involved!

I think that depends where you are though, I've had at least 3 places say £200/panel to me in and around london. I'm not saying thats not a rip off but just that it varies a lot!

I think that depends where you are though, I've had at least 3 places say £200/panel to me in and around london. I'm not saying thats not a rip off but just that it varies a lot!

John, bring it up here mate i'll sort you out with my paint boys and i'll loan you one of my cars while it gets done, can even put you up if you like :salute: :lol:

believe me Paul that has crossed my mind in the past! next time i have something serious to get done I might well do!

believe me Paul that has crossed my mind in the past! next time i have something serious to get done I might well do!

No problem, their turnaround is very fast too so worth a thought in the future, although I wont be responsible if they do a bad job :lol:

But I wouldn't let them loose on mine if they were tht bad! :?

hi. depending on what condition the bonnet is in depends on the price, and if all the bonnet needs colour all over rather than a minor area colouring then the rest laquering, then i would insist on blending the colour into the front wings so that the colour was spot on. A price for a bonnet to be repaired and the colour kept inside the panel then a full laquer would be around 200-250 this is a fair price and would see you getting a good job. if the whole panel needs colour and then blending you should be paying around 50 per blended panel. so effectively you would be looking at getting the bonnet and wings done for 350 max.

as for the other person who needs the bumpers and rear panel doing, if you were to grace my door in would cost 300 for the 2 bumpers and i would throw the rear panel in for free, feeling generous today lol. bumpers normaly cost around 150-200 depending on work each. again this would secure a very high standard of work.

Yes there are people who will do the work for less but it isnt always good work you get. its very rare you get high quality for cheap money. like snide ipods and stuff, never quite good enough or right.

hope this helps and i havnt sent anyone to sleep.

si.

where were you looking? in cardiff?,

A place called Motorvation in Bridgend. Its not far from where I work and I've had work done there before and been really impressed. I know they're a good garage, just a bit miffed by the price.

As far as I know, they'd just have been doing the bonnet. It's got the usual stone chips but not in bad nick by any means, and no rust. They quoted for a full rub down, prime and respray but still, £350 seems a bit rich!

Told them to leave it now anyway - I'm ploughing my money into Schimmels, a Schrick, re-map and a Stealth service! Should be money better spent me thinks! :norty: