Sign in to follow this  
MikLSP

Opinions On Corrados For Sale Elsewhere

Hi I'm calling about the Corrado you have for sale, could you tell me a little more about the car?

What would you like to know?

What size breasts does it have?

What size breasts does it have?

:D

You know it make sence well in my world any way :cuckoo:

I got my car off PH and all ways Kosha, guy I got it off had it since 95 (built in 94) open and honist about every thing. Like most things it all depends on the person your buying it off.

Inverted dent in the bonnet as though it was slammed shut on something

Andy you been at this car as well :lol: :grin:

Oh, you're just hilarious! :roll: :lol:

Just as an aside... I've seen a few "xxx is wrong/missing/dented.. why doesn't he just fix it for the sale?" type comments over tha past months...

Have a think, the car's for sale for a reason and maybe they don't have the money/time to fix "XXX" even if it does mean the car's worth more on the open market. Not everyone has a spare £xxxx to spend on their car... especially in the current economic climate.

Yes jim but i would be the same if i had a VR, A corrado with any engine in is still a fun car to me and i dont care how much its worth because i wont be selling it :) i`ve had it 8 years as it is, The Mrs would leave me if i sold it :) Consolation maybe :grin:

The difference between a Corrado vr6, G60 or valver can be best explained like this.

If Megan Fox ( or any other fit girl for that matter) was one of a set of triplets and they all had slightly different Bra sizes. VR or G60 being one of the biggest sizes and Valver being slightly less.

You would probably prefer the one with the bigger boobs but at the end of the day they all still look like Megan Fox and you wouldnt kick any of them out of bed for farting

just like the Corrado still looks the same no matter what engine it has.

My 2p 8)

:gag:

Yes but what about Megan's performance?

Just as an aside... I've seen a few "xxx is wrong/missing/dented.. why doesn't he just fix it for the sale?" type comments over tha past months...

Have a think, the car's for sale for a reason and maybe they don't have the money/time to fix "XXX" even if it does mean the car's worth more on the open market. Not everyone has a spare £xxxx to spend on their car... especially in the current economic climate.

I understand that of course but with this particular example he has the original suspension which is being sold with the car, it would cost nothing to simply reverse the work he did putting the aftermarket stuff on. The other problem is HT leads which hardly cost thousands, more like the cost of a tank of fuel, if your car was misfiring simply due to the leads you would simply replace them for your own benefit and not just to sell the car.

It's just me perhaps but I think if I knew that these were the problems with my car then it would be easily fixed, leading me to be concerned that there may be more underlying problems

I understand that of course but with this particular example he has the original suspension which is being sold with the car, it would cost nothing to simply reverse the work he did putting the aftermarket stuff on.

Hardly nothing. 2-4 hours work plus £80-100 + VAT to realign the front camber and toe again.

The other problem is HT leads which hardly cost thousands, more like the cost of a tank of fuel

£120 a set for the original red ones from VW.

You'd spend that sort of money on a car you're trying to sell would you?

You don't seem to be taking on board what we're saying. You seem to expect an awful lot for your strict budget of £2750. Best of luck to you.

You seem to be missing the point, I'm not saying I want an immaculate machine for a tiny budget and I also didn't actually try to start a discussion on whether it's worth spending x amount of money when trying to sell a car. What I was looking for was helpful advise from people who may be more experienced with spotting potential problems and what else could be wrong beyond things suggested in an adverts like the first one. I'm certainly taking on board any such insights which are given.

I don't know what's needed to sort out the suspension and what else may be a contributing cause, hence the topic, and I wasn't aware of the cost of setting the camber for example as I haven't ever had to have that done. This is the sort of info that is helpful to pass on to people who are new to these cars.

As for leads, no I would probably have bought some from German & Swedish for about £40 but again maybe I don't know that I should be spending more than that.

Sorry if looking for helpful advise, airing possible concerns and not having an infinite amount of cash to purchase a car with is inconvenient... :wink:

Mik

I think the problem with looking at buying a Corrado now is that they've gotten to an age where so many areas where parts are starting to wear out / require replacing:

You can easily spend a fortune replacing all the bushes/suspension etc and have a car that drives nicely, but still have areas like paintwork, engine, braking etc left to replace. A car that's had all this done has got tobe worth at least 4-5k of anyones money.

If you have slightly less to spend you have to consider which parts you think are most important.

You also have to think, even when an owner has replaced a shedload of parts, when it comes to selling a car you end up listing all the little details that will not have bothered you that much, but could affect a potential buyer.

For example I think my car is pretty sorted really, I've sure replaced a hell of a lot, but there are a few small scratches here and there and a small dent in a door etc if I was to sell it now I could fix these for a few hundred but you have to draw the line somewhere and just point out potential problems/fixes.

Just my 2p

Yes, good point that most cars are going to have a list of niggles and I don't have a problem with that because I know I'm not looking at the immaculate price bracket. What I don't want to do though is buy one on the assumption that a problem is a little niggle but turns out to be something much more complex and costly.

I think patience will be a virtue and have tried not to get carried away and jump on the first one which looks smart ;-)

I understand that of course but with this particular example he has the original suspension which is being sold with the car, it would cost nothing to simply reverse the work he did putting the aftermarket stuff on.

Hardly nothing. 2-4 hours work plus £80-100 + VAT to realign the front camber and toe again.

The other problem is HT leads which hardly cost thousands, more like the cost of a tank of fuel

You don't seem to be taking on board what we're saying. You seem to expect an awful lot for your strict budget of £2750. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Kev, my point exactly.

MikSLP your best bet is buy the best car you possibly can for as much of your budget as you want to spend on a base, keep a bit back for Inital service/repair (I always have any car I buy FULLY serviced, even if it was supposedly done, just piece of mind). Plenty of choice out there for that sort of money! But you will have to be VERY luck to find one that needs no work for that, (unless you want to buy my Valver? :lol: )

I just did !!! :wink:

I just did !!! :wink:

I would definately replace leads on a car I was trying to sell if there was a problem with them. I bought a set of beru ones from GSF 6 years ago, I've now done 65000 miles on them and they cost £50. Not even the cost of a tank of petrol and they've never missed a beat and are still going strong. I would be highly suspicious of anyone trying to sell a car that ran like poo and only required a £50 pound part to correct.

I would definately replace leads on a car I was trying to sell if there was a problem with them. I bought a set of beru ones from GSF 6 years ago, I've now done 65000 miles on them and they cost £50. Not even the cost of a tank of petrol and they've never missed a beat and are still going strong. I would be highly suspicious of anyone trying to sell a car that ran like poo and only required a £50 pound part to correct.

Unless they're not in a position to spend £50? :shrug:

Well technically yes, £50 is £50 and if you haven't got it you haven't got it. I would equally be suspicious of anyone who was selling a Corrado VR6 who didn't have £50 in the world to correct an easy problem. What other corners would they have cut in the cars upkeep? I wouldn't expect any oil changes to have been done properly or using decent oil etc etc.

i can see both sides of the coin here.

on one hand their are cases where the seller cannot afford to do any repairs needed (however small they are) for whatever reason. In this case you could look at in 2 ways. 1) they could be small and inexpensive fixes resulting in a bargain buy or 2) they could be the start of a major overhaul. either way i would expect the price to reflect this and i would base my decision on gut feeling and how genuine the seller seems.

the other case is when the seller does get all the niggles fixed before selling the car. again i think this would be reflected in the price as they obviously had to outlay for the repairs.

I do often look at ads for cars with a list of little niggles that I think I would sort before selling the car. However, as mentioned there could be many reasons why the seller has not done these things. It could be cost, inexperience, lack of enthusiasm or some other change in circumstances.

And Kev, i know somewhere you can get your tracking and camber done much cheaper! :wink:

You seem to be missing the point, I'm not saying I want an immaculate machine for a tiny budget and I also didn't actually try to start a discussion on whether it's worth spending x amount of money when trying to sell a car. What I was looking for was helpful advise from people who may be more experienced with spotting potential problems and what else could be wrong beyond things suggested in an adverts like the first one. I'm certainly taking on board any such insights which are given.

I don't know what's needed to sort out the suspension and what else may be a contributing cause, hence the topic, and I wasn't aware of the cost of setting the camber for example as I haven't ever had to have that done. This is the sort of info that is helpful to pass on to people who are new to these cars.

As for leads, no I would probably have bought some from German & Swedish for about £40 but again maybe I don't know that I should be spending more than that.

Sorry if looking for helpful advise, airing possible concerns and not having an infinite amount of cash to purchase a car with is inconvenient... :wink:

Mik

He's a talker.... :D

I liked the look of this one which I see you've spotted as well. Seems a bit underpriced tho so I'm wondering why...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89405&p=1033398&hilit=storm#p1033398

As for the spend to sell vs dont spend debate, there's tonnes of cars out there in all standards of repair, from knackered to completed project, so when you decide to sell you just draw the line as you see fit and let the buyers decide! Personally I'd replace the HT leads if they were definitely at fault, because that will affect the sale quite a bit but if you cant afford it you cant afford it!

I think you could go on forever talking about faults and problems that cars may or may not have......best advise I think is to go with your gut instinct : if it doesnt feel right then it isnt right, so walk away !!

Buying second hand cars is scary sometimes though, especially if you have been looking for ages - my mate spent 8 months looking for the perfect 330i and then found one, got stage fright and walked away from it :lol: ......he still hasnt got one !!

I think you could go on forever talking about faults and problems that cars may or may not have......best advise I think is to go with your gut instinct : if it doesnt feel right then it isnt right, so walk away !!

Buying second hand cars is scary sometimes though, especially if you have been looking for ages - my mate spent 8 months looking for the perfect 330i and then found one, got stage fright and walked away from it :lol: ......he still hasnt got one !!

All things come to those who wait...

But all is lost if you hesitate! lol

He's a talker.... :D

I liked the look of this one which I see you've spotted as well. Seems a bit underpriced tho so I'm wondering why...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89405&p=1033398&hilit=storm#p1033398

As for the spend to sell vs dont spend debate, there's tonnes of cars out there in all standards of repair, from knackered to completed project, so when you decide to sell you just draw the line as you see fit and let the buyers decide! Personally I'd replace the HT leads if they were definitely at fault, because that will affect the sale quite a bit but if you cant afford it you cant afford it!

:lol:

I'm probably going to go and have a look at that one, I'm fairly indifferent on the various blues though so I'm going to try inspire myself with how good they can be made to look. The price leaves me with some money to spend on the car and make it my own ;)

Well technically yes, £50 is £50 and if you haven't got it you haven't got it. I would equally be suspicious of anyone who was selling a Corrado VR6 who didn't have £50 in the world to correct an easy problem. What other corners would they have cut in the cars upkeep? I wouldn't expect any oil changes to have been done properly or using decent oil etc etc.

That's a damn good point!

Just spotted this on Pistonheads and noticed that he's written "Very rare non sunroof model which has full documentation from Germany to prove this is a genuine Storm"!?

Now, am I mistaken or wasn't the Storm only available in the UK and all came with sunroof? :confused4:

There is a genine Storm out there without a sunroof, this one sounds like it could be Butterflys old motor. Was a lovely car when she owned it but it's been a few years since she sold it on, shame there are no pics in the ad to back it up.

There is a genine Storm out there without a sunroof, this one sounds like it could be Butterflys old motor. Was a lovely car when she owned it but it's been a few years since she sold it on, shame there are no pics in the ad to back it up.

Could be! IIRC Butterfly sold her sunroofless mystic around Sept 2007 with about 137k on.

aaaagh. I was at D&G yesterday (for some welding :shock: lol) and Graham asked if I knew where it was.

It does sound like mine as not having a sun roof was rather special :) .... being moved on again :( Not sure about the CCGB Chairman bit though.

But the answer your question thinking the ad is refering to the car being sold in Germany. You are right Storms were only for the UK market but if it is [strike:2mibl2rs]mine[/strike:2mibl2rs].. oops....my old one (and it must be) I asked VW Milton Keynes to confirm in writing that is was sold as a Storm as it was so unusual not to have a sunroof.

Thanks for the info guys & girls :)

It's always fascinating just how much previous history can be turned up through this forum. It's certainly very interesting to know that there is at least one Storm without a sunroof.

@ Butterfly

Perhaps the CCGB Chairman reference is to you?

As you say though pictures would help a lot and I doubt it'll sell without them unless someone very local pops round for a convenient viewing.