Sign in to follow this  
stevef

Crankcase Ventilation Valve

My crankcase vetilation valve has broken. It is the one on the rear left of the cam cover (VR6).

I have been to the stealer and the say that they cannot supply this part?

They want to sell me the air inlet pipe, from the MAF to the throttle body, for £60 +VAT as it comes as part of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I then went to my local Ford agent and he has supplied the part for £18.

Not sure if this is a common problem but I have seen others bodged on in the past. Now I know why!

FYI it is Ford part number F7364573. It also has the following number which looks very VW on the body of the new valve 7M0 128 101.

Moderators--- Not sure if this is in the correct section so sorry just in case.

Stevef

I don't think that is a valve as such. It's just a filter, it has a fine metal mesh inside it. Kind of a weird arrangement as the carbon canister hose also draws crank case gases into the throttle body aswell as the inlet hose....strange!

Unfortunately I had to buy the whole sodding hose as mine had split where the breather filter attachs to it. The older rubber inlets were superior to the plastic crap the later VRs got....grrrrr.

I called my Ford dealer and asked about that part and I mentioned it's the same engine as the Golf, and their response was "A V6 in a Golf? Yeah right...." Hmmmm.... glad to see they're up to speed on Ford/VW's platform sharing.....

Some Mercedes Panel vans use the VR6 motor too.....and it won the "engine of the year" award when it was launched.